UNDERSTAND RAW SPEED WITH ONE OF THE FASTEST HUMAN BEINGS IN RECORDED HISTORY
Carl Lewis is a 4-Time Olympian racking up 9 Gold Medals and 1 Silver medals during his career. In 1999 Lewis was voted “Sportsman of the Century” by the International Olympic Committee, elected “World Athlete of the Century” by the International Association of Athletics Federations and named “Olympian of the Century” by Sports Illustrated.
Listen in on his revelations, experience and stories over his illustrious time as one of the fastest human beings on Earth! He was interviewed by one of swimming’s most successful Olympic swimmers and coaches, Brett Hawke.
- 00:32 Introductions
- 1:42 How did you reach your success?
- 2:59 What do you see in yourself as a kid that helped you reach your success?
- 5:28 How much precision is required for such a short race?
- 7:30 Were you good at compartmentalizing your life?
- 9:39 Do you feel like you revolutionized the sport in terms of the way you did things in practice?
- 14:24 Why were you so driven? Did you love to win or hate to lose?
- 17:57 Did you ever get lured away to any other sports?
- 19:46 Why do you think you were so dominant?
- 23:54 Did you recognize that you had charisma?
- 26:25 How did you want to be at the starting line? What kind of physical state were you in at that point?
- 28:55 Did you work on visualization and self talk?
- 30:40 Did you see people do incredible things in warm up and then not bring it when the lights were brightest?
- 32:27 What was it about the crowd that brought out the best in you?
- 34:48 Why do you relax your face when you’re running instead of gritting your teeth?
- 37:06 Did you work on balance in your arms and your stride?
- 42:18 Did you try to run through the finish instead of to the finish?
- 43:38 How tall are you? Did you see your height as an advantage of a disadvantage?
- 45:28 What was the fastest you ever felt?
- 46:43 Could you feel the difference between a 9.90 and 10.00 race?
- 47:40 What was the hardest performance you had to pull out of yourself?
- 49:14 Was consistency in practice a standard you held yourself to?
- 52:04 Is there a competitor who brought out the best in you?
- 53:22 Did you do one practice a day and did you run fast in practice every day?
- 54:28 Did you ever think that you were trying to do too many events?
- 56:40 What kind of coach are you?
Visit fitterandfaster.com/live to register for all of our upcoming webinars!
Be sure to follow us on social media to stay up to date on all future #FFTLive