Three-Day High Performance Technique Camp
Fri, Apr, 12 2019 - Sun, Apr, 14 2019
COM Aquatics, INC.
3003 North A Street, Midland, TX 79705
Three-Day Swim Camp – Sign up for one, two, or SAVE by signing up for all 3 sessions!
Each session will focus on essential techniques designed for fast racing. Friday will cover starts and underwater dolphin kicking. On Saturday, participants will work on butterfly and backstroke. Then, on Sunday, the focus is on freestyle and backstroke.
Your clinician will be Elite Clinician and two-time Olympian Chloe Sutton! Chloe is one of the most experienced and effective clinicians with Fitter and Faster. Scroll down to read more about the curriculum at this camp.
SAVE: Sign up before prices increase or the sessions fill up!
Chloe will be in the water for each of the 5 sessions. This camp is designed swimmers with at least one year of competition experience and is not recommended for swimmers younger than 8 years old.
SESSIONS 1 & 2: STARTS AND UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING
The start is your opportunity to cover as much ground as possible in a very short period of time, with great efficiency and momentum heading into your underwater kicking and breakout. There are countless intricacies to performing a start and you only get better with practice. Chloe Sutton will share her experience on how she found time to practice and improve her start both in and out of the water and teach your swimmer some of her most effective strategies to execute this explosive and athletic movement.
- Starts: How you set up on the block including proper hand and foot placement can allow your swimmer to launch themselves forward with a lot of explosive power. Chloe will work with each swimmer to find their best position on the block as well as how to keep their body line straight and strong as they send their body forward with a lot of speed and power. Finally, she'll ensure that each swimmer is entering cleanly through a small hole in a tight streamline.
- Underwater Dolphin Kicking: The not-so-secret weapon of elite level swimmers is their underwater dolphin kick. Chloe Sutton is known as one of the best underwater dolphin kickers in the world and she specializes in teaching swimmers how to unlock their potential in this important skill.
SESSIONS 3 & 4: BUTTERFLY AND BREASTSTROKE
Often called the short axis strokes, butterfly and breaststroke have many common attributes in their technique. Both can be challenging strokes to master due to the importance of rhythm and timing. Working on these two strokes together can deepen a swimmer's understanding of the technique required to swim with more efficiency and speed.
- Butterfly: Perfect the complexities of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic strokes. Elite butterflyers maintain forward momentum by setting an immediate high catch with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breathing pattern, perfecting their distance per stroke, and maintaining a horizontal body position - Chloe will help your swimmer become committed to these same skills to create better habits every time they swim fly!
- Breaststroke: Your swimmer will begin with a strong understanding of the timing of the kick and pull and begin to utilize the same strategies world class breaststrokers use to minimize their footprint in the water. Participants will learn the skills of swimming in a horizontal plane, keeping the hips high throughout the entire cycle and utilizing a small but powerful kick while generating power forward with their recovery.
SESSION 5 & 6: FREESTYLE AND BACKSTROKE
Have you ever noticed how freestyle and backstroke utilize the same kick, body position, posture, rotation, and an early catch? There are many similarities between freestyle and backstroke and they can be challenging for swimmers to improve on because of the complexity of the technique! Your swimmer will learn drills and skills to be able to understand the WHY behind each movement as well as feel and apply techniques to build more power and race faster with Olympian Chloe Sutton.
- Freestyle: Participants will reinforce holding a straight and solid body line so that they can cut through the water with less drag. Practice keeping a still and low head position (especially during the breath!) while driving a strong flutter kick. Chloe Sutton will also teach participants how to get an early and powerful press backwards on the water in the arm pull to get more out of every stroke. From the 50 to the mile, your swimmer will learn skills that will allow them to drop time in every freestyle race
- Backstroke: Engaging your core not only allows you to swim stronger, but it also allows you to hold the proper body position. Chloe will help swimmers learn the importance of rotation and how to use it to their advantage for more power in each stroke. The arm pull in backstroke should press the water all the way through using the whole arm to achieve maximum propulsion. Backstrokers are often the fastest kickers on their teams, find out why and learn to have a stronger kick!!
- Building Discipline: Nobody is born an Olympian! Reaching the highest level of success that one can achieve in swimming starts with doing the little things correctly. Building discipline to create small but constant improvements is the best way to continuously improve and reach for greater! Chloe will give a talk in this session on the importance of discipline when it comes to the details.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Chloe questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into her training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Chloe swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo while wearing Chloe's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!