North Potomac, MD
High Performance Technique Camp Series
Sun, Jul, 25 2021 - Mon, Aug, 16 2021
Westleigh Recreation Club
14900 Dufief Mill Rd, North Potomac, MD 20878
During the summer of 2021, Fitter and Faster is offering two Summer Swim Camp Series in Potomac, MD – each with a different focus. To keep the information as streamlined for you as possible, we have created two different “camp detail/registration pages” for each series:
Camp Series 1 (This one!): High Performance Technique Series (Video analysis + four, 3-day camps) – Curriculum details are below. Click Register Now to sign up for High Performance Technique Camps.
Camp Series 2: Race Strategy Series (Three, 2-day camps + Video analysis)
2021 High Performance Technique Summer Camp Series: Start this series off with a video recording session of your swimmer in the strokes they’d like to improve. Then, progress week by week with four different High Performance Technique 3-day camps, each focusing on one specific stroke. Swimmers are going to learn a lot and IMPROVE at each session of this camp series!
This series consists of three, 3-day camps! Scroll down for more details on the curriculum for each camp!
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience.
Individual session tickets are now available… and SAVE when you purchase BUNDLES by curriculum.
Backstroke Comprehensive Racing Camp
– July 28-30: Group A
– August 2-4: Groups B & C
Breaststroke Comprehensive Racing Camp
– August 6-8: Groups A & B
– August 10-12: Group C
Butterfly Comprehensive Racing Camp
– August 10-12: Group A
– August 14-16: Groups B & C
Scroll down for details on the curriculum of each camp!
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure maximum individual feedback and social distancing! Click here to see which group your swimmer should sign up for AND session times.
The Video Filming and Analysis Day is for swimmers of all ages and abilities. Each High Performance Stroke Camp is divided into Groups based on the participants’ times. For Group Assignments AND Session Times Click here
August 6-8: Groups A & B | August 10-12: Group C
More than any other stroke, breaststroke is the most varied. Out of the eight finalists at the Olympic Games, you might see eight different styles of strokes! A swimmer's timing and ability to eliminate resistance are both hallmarks of an efficient and powerful breaststroker. Participants have the foundation; now, they will work with our elite clinicians on how to utilize core and hip drive to create a fluid and more forward driving stroke and accelerate in and out of every wall and execute powerful pullouts.
- DAY 1 - HIGH PERFORMANCE BREASTSTROKE TECHNIQUE: More than any other stroke, breaststroke is the most varied. Out of the eight finalists at the Olympic Games you might see eight different styles of strokes! Without fail, a swimmer's timing and ability to eliminate resistance are both hallmarks of an efficient and powerful breaststroker. Participants have the foundation, now learn from the expert how to utilize the core and hip drive to create a fluid and more forward driving stroke.
- DAY 2 - BREASTSTROKE PULLOUTS, TURNS, & FINISHES: After building a solid breaststroke stroke on day 1, swimmers will work to finesse their breaststroke starts, turns, and finishes for faster racing! Our Clinicians will work with participants on powering off the blocks, accelerating in and out of every wall, and executing powerful pullouts, finally swimming into a quick finish with a fully extended stroke to help them beat their competitors!
- DAY 3 - BREASTSTROKE APPLIED SPEED: The Elite Clinicians will work with swimmers on how to develop a race plan for any breaststroke race, whether a 50, 100, or 200 and learn how to adjust technique for each distance. The session will also include a training set designed to challenge swimmers and complement the technical foundation developed earlier in the camp!
August 10-12: Group A | August 14-16: Groups B & C
Participants will work with our clinicians to improve on the nuances of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Elite butterfliers maintain forward momentum by setting an immediate high catch with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breathing pattern, perfecting their distance per stroke, and maintaining a horizontal body position. Swimmers will work to make these habits their own!
- DAY 1 - HIGH PERFORMANCE BUTTERFLY TECHNIQUE: Our Elite Clinicians will work with participants to improve on the complexities of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Elite butterfliers maintain forward momentum by setting an immediate high catch with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breathing pattern, perfecting their distance per stroke, and maintaining a horizontal body position - become committed to these same skills!
- DAY 2 - BUTTERFLY UNDERWATERS, TURNS, & FINISHES: After developing a strong butterfly stroke on day 1, participants will focus on refining the skills that will help them drop time in any race. This session will also allow your swimmer to learn how to maximize their speed into and out of every turn and at the finish. Our Elite Clinicians will also work with swimmers to take advantage of their underwater dolphin kicking on the start and each wall!
- DAY 3 - BUTTERFLY APPLIED SPEED: Take your butterfly racing to the next level by learning different strategies for approaching any race. Your Elite Clinicians will work to take the solid butterfly foundation developed on the first two days and teach sprint and distance variations for fast racing specific to any butterfly event. The session will also include a training set designed to challenge swimmers and complement the technical foundation developed earlier in the camp!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask their clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe your clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with your clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Swim Cap!