Past Clinic: High Performance Starts and Freestyle
Sat, Nov, 17 2018 - Sun, Nov, 18 2018
400 West Dublin Granville Road, Worthington, OH 43085
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Worthington, OH.
Crown Point High SchoolInfo
Northview High SchoolInfo
Crawfordsville Aquatic CenterInfo
Hobart High SchoolInfo
Columbus School for GirlsInfo
Blairwood Tennis, Swim & Fitness ClubInfo
This is a two-day, four session swim camp. Swimmers may attend one or both sessions for their age groups!
Absolutely no more than 36 swimmers will be permitted in each session. Each age group will have a session working on starts off the blocks and underwater dolphin kicking. Then, each age group will also have a session on freestyle!
The clinicians for all sessions will be two-time Olympian and coach to Olympians Brett Hawke along with Paralympian Tucker Dupree! We specifically selected visually impaired Paralympic gold medalist Tucker Dupree to work with participants so that they can get a deeper appreciation for what the strokes FEEL like when swum at a high level. These two clinicians in particular get some of the highest reviews in Fitter and Faster! Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
SAVE! Take advantage of early bird pricing – Sign up before prices rise!
Brett and Tucker will lead four sessions, two for each age group designed for competitive swimmers of all ages and ability levels:
SESSION 1 & 2: DIVES AND UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING
The start is your opportunity to cover as much ground as possible in a very short period of time, with great efficiency and momentum heading into your underwater kicking and breakout. There are countless intricacies to performing a start and you only get better with practice. Brett Hawke and Tucker Dupree will share their experiences on how they found time to practice and improve their starts both in and out of the water and teach your swimmer some of their most effective strategies to execute this explosive and athletic movement.
- STARTS: How you set up on the block including proper hand and foot placement can allow your swimmer to explode forward with a lot of explosive power. Brett and Tucker will work with each swimmer to find their best position on the block as well as how to launch their body forward into a tight streamline and enter through a small hole.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The not-so-secret weapon of elite level swimmers is their underwater dolphin kick. The fastest swimmers in the world are faster underwater than on the surface and they utilize this skill. Tucker Dupree and Brett Hawke will teach your swimmer how to unlock the speed and power of their underwater dolphin kick to race faster and drop more time.
SESSION 3: 11 & Under FAST AND EFFICIENT FREESTYLE
Freestyle is the most technical stroke and it is also the stroke that you swim more than any other. Tucker Dupree will be in the water leading participants through each part of the freestyle stroke and Brett Hawke will teach drills to help them deepen their understanding of fast and efficient freestyle technique.
- Bodyline: Your freestyle will never be fast without a strong bodyline. Your swimmer will learn to maintain good posture and engage their core to have a foundation for a stronger and faster freestyle.
- Kick: Become a stronger and faster kicker through learning about both the technique and timing of each kick from two swimmers who have reached the highest level of the sport.
- Pull: The best swimmers in the world utilize an early vertical forearm to put immediate pressure back on the water. She will also teach swimmers how to get maximum extension and a powerful finish! Learn new drills and exercises to get more power out of every stroke!
- Rotation: Participants will learn to utilize their rotation form more connection and power out of every pull and every kick.
- Breath: All swimmers know to keep one goggle in and one goggle out when they take a breath, but do they know when and how long to breathe? Brett and Tucker will show you how to make each breath more efficient for faster freestyle racing no matter what distance.
SESSION 4: 12 & Over Elite Sprint Freestyle Technique
This clinic is designed to help participants unlock their explosive abilities in sprint freestyle. Brett Hawke not only achieved the highest level of swimming himself, but he has also gone on to coach sprinters to becoming National Champions, Olympic medalists, and World Champions. Some consider Brett the world's best sprint coach! Learn from Brett as well as Paralympian Tucker Dupree and race faster!
- Sprint Freestyle Technique: You won't believe how much you'll learn from two of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! The technique in your sprint freestyle stroke is so important to being able to get the maximum speed and power out of every pull and kick. Your swimmer will learn technique for an effective kick, how to achieve a powerful and balanced rotation, a fast arm pull, a quick and low breath, and how to accelerate each stroke for maximum speed!
- Sprint Racing Strategy: How many strokes do you take in your 50? How many breaths? Dolphin Kicks? This three-time Olympic coach Brett Hawke and Paralympian Tucker Dupree will work with you so that you can find the right formula for success. Focus on achieving the right balance of distance per stroke and tempo so that you get more out of every stroke and you drop more time in every race.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Brett and Tucker questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Tucker swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Practice what you've learned by swimming at top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! Hold on to your form while having the opportunity to challenge yourself.
Take a photo while wearing Brett and Tucker's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!