High Performance Butterfly and Breaststroke Camp
Sat, Dec, 11 2021 - Sun, Dec, 12 2021
3800 Victory Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH 45207
We are very excited to be coming to Cincinnati! Swimmers attending this camp will focus on developing a smooth and flowing stroke with accurate timing, which is needed to create efficient breaststroke and butterfly strokes. Sign up for individual sessions or SAVE when you purchase a 2-day Bundle.
December 11: High Performance Butterfly Technique
December 12: High Performance Breaststroke Technique
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience! Scroll down to read more about the curriculum!
Session times (both days):
11 & Under: Check in 9 AM, Clinic 9:15-11:45 AM
12 & Over: Check in 12:30 PM, Clinic 12:45- 3:45 PM
These camps are designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
December 11: HIGH PERFORMANCE BUTTERFLY TECHNIQUE
Participants will work with Olympian Joao De Lucca to improve the nuances of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Elite butterfliers maintain forward momentum by setting an immediate high catch with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breathing pattern, perfecting their distance per stroke and maintaining a horizontal body position. Swimmers will work to make these habits their own!
- BODY POSITION: Elite butterfliers focus on driving their momentum forward with minimal drag by keeping their heads low and hips high. Participants will work with Joao on establishing and maintaining a proper butterfly body position.
- KICK: Each butterfly stroke has two equally strong and well-timed kicks. Attendees will work on how and when to kick in fly for maximum speed.
- PULL: Long and smooth strokes will allow swimmers to have a more efficient butterfly. Joao will help participants get an early catch on the water for more power in each stroke.
- BREATH: A common mistake swimmers run into is mistiming their breath. Swimmers will work on low and efficient breaths and WHEN to breathe so that they can swim more efficiently on the breath stroke.
December 12: HIGH PERFORMANCE BREASTSTROKE TECHNIQUE
More than any other stroke, breaststroke is the most varied. Out of the eight finalists at the Olympic Games, you might see eight different styles of strokes! A swimmer's timing and ability to eliminate resistance are both hallmarks of an efficient and powerful breaststroker. Participants have the foundation; now, they will work with Joao on utilizing core and hip drive to create a fluid and more forward driving stroke.
- BODY POSITION: The best swimmers in the world learn about the importance of being patient with their stroke and trusting their "glide position" at a young age. Many swimmers rush their stroke, create "drag," and exhaust themselves. Joao will work with participants to maintain a better body position for a more efficient breaststroke.
- KICK: The kick is about 80% of the power in breaststroke. Joao will work with participants to polish up their kick resulting in the ultimate propulsion forward!
- PULL: Participants in this session will learn drills to encourage them to keep their hands and elbows high on the water throughout the entire pull, thereby minimizing resistance and maintaining speed.
- TIMING: A fast breaststroke is all about the rhythm! The proper timing will make your stroke fast, smooth, and less taxing on the body. Learn how elite swimmers times their breaststroke for ultimate efficiency.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask their clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe the clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with your clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster swim cap for the camp