Creating & Maintaining Speed in ANY stroke for Ages 12 & Over
Sat, Jun, 24 2023
Fairlands Aquatic Center
13820 Gunpowder Rd, Laurel, MD 20707
Fitter & Faster is producing a 1-day swim clinic at the Fairlands Aquatics Center in Laurel, MD on June 24, 2023! This page is for participants ages 12 & over. Please see below for additional camps!
Creating & Maintaining Speed in ANY stroke! (AGES 12 & up)
Scroll down for details on the curriculum!
-> Availability is limited to 24 participants ensure the highest level learning experience!
SESSION START TIME: Check in 8 AM, Camp 8:15-11:15 AM
Our top priority is to provide a world-class learning experience for all participants at all of our camps. This camp has sessions for swimmers ages 12 & over. Participants will range from one-year of competitive swimming experience to AAAA times and faster. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 12, CLICK HERE!
Your swimmer is going to learn how to swim at top speeds while continuing to leverage the powerful stroke that we worked on the day before! Today is about swimming FASTER than you normally swim with assistance from fins and paddles.
- GEAR TO BRING WITH YOU!: Please bring a t-shirt to swim in, your snorkel, paddles, fins and a pair of gym sneakers to this camp!
- “OVERSPEED TRAINING”: Practice how to swim with good technique at speeds faster than you’ll ever go in a race with the assistance of fins and paddles. We will utilize overspeed drills in and out of turns, in their breakouts and finishes. Remember: Bring your fins and hand paddles!
- TEMPO & DISTANCE PER STROKE: One way to increase efficiency is to take fewer strokes. Improving technique to decrease the number of strokes your swimmer takes will enable them to go further faster - that’s when times DROP!
- MAINTAINING TECHNIQUE THROUGH FATIGUE: When swimmers get tired, their technique can break down. We are going to work with participants on how to handle fatigue. Competitive swimmers who focus on technique through fatigue in practice and in races reap the rewards of faster times.
- SPEED SET: At the end of this session your swimmer will do a short and fast swim set to practice everything they have learned over the past two days.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo, get autographs, and chat with your clinicians!