Fast Racing Skills in ANY stroke Ages 9 to 11
Sat, Jun, 17 2023 - Sun, Jun, 18 2023
Fairlands Aquatic Center
13820 Gunpowder Rd, Laurel, MD 20707
Fitter & Faster is producing a 1-day swim clinic at the Fairlands Aquatics Center in Laurel, MD on June 17, 2023! This page is specifically designed for participants ages 9 to 11. Please see below for additional camps!
FAST RACING SKILLS IN ANY STROKE (Ages 9 to 11)
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
-> Availability is limited to 24 participants ensure the highest level learning experience!
SESSION START TIME: Check in 12 PM, Camp 12:15-2:45 PM
Additional Camps in Laurel, MD:
-> Ages 12 & Over
-> Video Filming & Analysis
Our top priority is to provide a world-class learning experience for all participants at all of our camps. This camp has sessions for swimmers ages 9 to 11. Participants will range from one-year of competitive swimming experience to AAAA times and faster. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 9 and would like for your child to be considered for this camp, please complete this questionnaire. If you are looking for the 12 & over camp page, CLICK HERE!
Your swimmer will work on important segments of every sprint race in any stroke, including the moment your swimmer pushes off the wall; breakouts; finishes and all out sprinting!
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the power created during their underwaters. Participants will work on timing their breakouts to accelerate to explode into each lap.
- SPRINTING APPLICATION: Your swimmers have developed body position, tempo and length of stroke throughout their career. Today we are going to apply those skills to swimming “all out” on top of the water with efficiency and power.
- WALLS, WALLS, WALLS!: Approaching the wall at top speed in preparation for the fastest turn is vital. Swimmers will work on techniques to get in and out of every wall faster!
- FINISHES: Dropping time and even winning or moving up a few spots in the results can all come down to the last stroke! A well-timed finish at full speed, with full-arm extension and head down can make a difference of up to a full second in a race! Your swimmer is going to learn how to take advantage of the finish to drop time!
- SPRINTING APPLICATION: Swimmers at this session will work on applying their newly developed skills during racing scenarios. As with all the other segments of this camp, the clinicians will provide feedback for your swimmer to take home and apply at upcoming practices and meets.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo, get autographs, and chat with your clinicians!
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up today!