High Performance Starts & Turns
Mon, Dec, 27 2021 - Tue, Dec, 28 2021
Bennington Recreation Center
655 Gage St, Bennington, VT 05201
We’re excited to be coming to Bennington, VT! The more explosive off of each start and turn, the better! Starts and turns are two areas in swimming where swimmers can improve drastically to drop time. Sign up for single sessions or SAVE by signing up for the 2 day bundle!
December 27: Explosive Starts, Underwaters & Breakouts
11 & Under: Check in 1 PM, Clinic 1:15 -2:45 PM
12 & Over: Check in 3:30 PM, Clinic 3:45-6:45 PM
December 28: Tight Flip Turns, Open Turns & Finishes
11 & Under: Check in 8 AM, Clinic 8:15-10:45 AM
12 & Over: Check in 11:30 AM, Clinic 11:45-2:45 PM
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience! Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
This camp is designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
December 27: STARTS & UNDERWATERS
The start sets up a swimmers race. The more power off the block the better! There are countless intricacies to performing an explosive start, followed by an efficient and dominating underwater. Our elite clinicians have spent countless hours practicing starts and underwater dolphin kicking and will work with swimmers on how to be explosive and efficient with each movement.
- STARTS: Our clinician will work with swimmers to find the best position on the block, as well as how to launch off with power into a tight streamline. Swimmers will also discover their optimal reaction time to get off the blocks fast and ahead of their competition.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers know how to weaponize their underwater. It's one of the most crucial components to maintaining speed off the walls! Understanding the importance of streamlined underwater speed is vital for every level of swimmer.
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the power created during their underwaters. Participants will work on timing their breakouts to explode into the first stroke and accelerate onward.
December 28: TURNS & FINISHES
Focusing on having faster turns is an easy way to drop time and win close races. Elite swimmers maintain their momentum through a quick turn and powerful push off every wall. Our clinicians will lead participants through a series of drills to build compact, fast turns in any race.
- FLIP TURNS: Swimmers will identify and work on what techniques carry their momentum through the turn to get in and out of every wall faster. Participants will also practice accelerating into the wall, using their core and arms to get through the turn, and planting their feet on the wall for a powerful push off in the perfect streamline.
- OPEN TURNS: Swimmers will learn details of an expertly executed open turn, which involves carrying momentum from one lap into the next. Swimmers will work with our clinicians to nail an efficient and quick open turn, and learn where to clean up any unnecessary drag.
- FINISHES: Races can be won or lost by hundredths of a second, and many races come down to the last few strokes. Swimmers will reinforce their kick to accelerate into the wall, time their stroke for a perfect arm extension, and keep their head down to out touch the competition.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe the clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to top speed with some of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster swim cap and a FREE Fitter and Faster Swim Cap!