College Park, MD
Past Clinic: High Performance Racing and Mindset
Sat, Sep, 27 2014
College Park, MD
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of College Park, MD.
Breaststroke & Butterfly Technique
Fairland Aquatic CenterInfo
Comprehensive Starts, Underwaters & Breakouts!
The St. JamesInfo
Two different curriculums!
High Performance Freestyle and Backstroke Technique Camp
High Performance Butterfly & Breaststroke Technique
Lititz Recreation CenterInfo
Explosive Performance: Starts & Turns
Lititz Recreation CenterInfo
Starts, Turns, Underwaters, Breakouts & Finishes
Lebanon Valley Family YMCAInfo
Lionview Community YMCAInfo
Three Day Camp!
Lionville community YMCAInfo
2022 High Performance Stroke Technique Camp
Two different camps based on swimmers' age groups!
Comprehensive Backstroke Racing Camp
Carter Athletic Center at North Cross SchoolInfo
12 & Over Championship Prep!
11 & Under Championship Prep!
Two different curriculums based on age groups!
Silverton Swim ClubInfo
Comprehensive Breaststroke Racing Camp
This clinic focuses on the High Performance Racing and Mental techniques, skills, turns, drills, and starts of Olympian Lacey Nymeyer and USA National Team members Tim Phillips and Katie Meili. The clinic is sponosred by Potomac Valley Swimming and is exclusively for PVS swimmers ages 12 and over. There will be a special "Raising an Olympian" parent education seminar, led by Olympic parent Stacey Nymeyer (mother of Lacey).
Curriculum, High Performance Freestyle and Butterfly - College Park, MD
HIGH PERFORMANCE RACING SKILLS:
HIGH PERFORMANCE MINDSET:
- Get inside the minds of three of the best swimmers in the world. Nymeyer, Phillips, and Meili will discuss their approach to goal setting, building an effective relationship with your coach and balancing life as a student-athlete.
HIGH PERFORMANCE FREESTYLE AND BUTTERFLY
- POWERFUL AND CONSISTENT KICKING: Nymeyer and Meili will demonstrate the most efficient way for to maximize the freestyle kick and generate power from the legs. By focusing on maintaining loose and “whip-like” ankles directly under the surface of the water, participants will be able to maintain a more balanced and constant kick throughout their entire race.
- MAXIMIZE THE "CATCH": Having a great “pull” is all about maximizing the amount of water you can hold or “catch” during your stroke. Nymeyer will focus on helping participants maximize the surface area of their hand and forearm, by initiating the catch phase early and getting rid of any unnecessary movements during the pull.
- HEAD POSITION AND BREATHING: While swimming butterfly the entire body should be moving forward and it begins by leading with the head. Phillips and Meili will teach to not pick up the head to breathe and minimize the up and down movement during the breath phase.
- FAST AND EFFICIENT RECOVERY: At the end of the stroke, you snap your arms and hands out of the “back end” of your stroke. This allows you to use all of the power and momentum from your catch to your advantage and is the best way to keep a powerful and efficient recovery. WATCH THE CLINICIANS: Observe Nymeyer, Phillips, and Meili swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast freestyle and butterfly.
Parent Education Seminar: "Raising an Olympian" by Stacey Nymeyer
- A special Parent Education session for PVS Parents to hear firsthand the experiences of an Olympic parent, raising their child and balancing the sport of swimming.
- Led by Stacey Nymeyer, mother of 2008 Olympian, Lacey Nymeyer.
GET UP AND RACE: Race three of the best swimmers in the world and watch their near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills they will teach you.
ASK QUESTIONS: Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Hear the Olympians talk and gain insight into their training regimen, goal setting, swim/life balance, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WIN A PRIVATE LESSON! One participant who signs up before September 22nd will win a free 1/2 hour private swim clinic with Olympian Lacey Nymeyer and up to two friends at the event's conclusion! Winner will be announced at the clinic.
Take a photo while wearing clinicians' medals, get autographs, and pick up a full color Fitter & Faster Tour 2014-2015 Yearbook and a special welcome bag that contains gifts from our sponsors!
Sign up before tickets sell out.