High Performance Freestyle & Backstroke Technique Camp
Tue, Dec, 28 2021 - Wed, Dec, 29 2021
125 Pucillo Dr, Millersville, PA 17551
Fitter and Faster is excited to be coming to Millersville, PA for our 2-day High Performance Freestyle and Backstroke Technique Camp! Each day will focus on technical skills that will take your free and back swims to the next level. Sign up for single sessions or SAVE when you purchase our 2-day bundle!
December 28: High Performance Freestyle Technique
December 29: High Performance Backstroke Technique
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience! Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
Session Times (both days):
Ages 12 & Under: Check in 10 AM, Clinic 10:15 AM-12:45 PM
Ages 13 & Over: Check in 1:30 PM, Clinic 1:45-4:45 PM
These camps are designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
December 28: HIGH PERFORMANCE FREESTYLE TECHNIQUE
Creating and cultivating good habits will make swimmers faster and reduce the risk for injuries in the long term. Aly Tetzloff will be in the water and on deck leading participants through a progression of freestyle drills. These skills will deepen their understanding of each part of the stroke and help create good habits for fast and efficient freestyle techniques.
- BODYLINE: Swimmer’s freestyle will never be fast without a strong bodyline. Participants will reinforce good posture and engage their core to have a strong foundation for a faster freestyle.
- ROTATION: Participants will learn to utilize their rotation to form more connection and power out of every pull and kick.
- KICK: A fast kick is the motor behind a swimmer's stroke! Participants will polish up their kicking to become stronger and faster through learning about both the technique and timing of each kick.
- PULL: The best swimmers in the world utilize an early vertical forearm to put immediate pressure back on the water. Aly Tetzloff will work with swimmers on how to get the maximum extension and a powerful finish to the stroke.
- BREATH: Timing is everything! Aly Tetzloff will work with the participants on how to make each breath more efficient for faster freestyle racing no matter what distance.
December 29: HIGH PERFORMANCE BACKSTROKE TECHNIQUE
Begin to master the subtle skills that help swimmers compete at a higher Backstroke level. Participants will practice using their core to create rotation and a stable and balanced stroke, build a powerful pull with strategic use of stroke rate, and use their kick as a dominant propulsive force.
- BODY POSITION: Participants will work with Aly Tetzloff to feel and understand how to maintain a neutral spine and head position for less drag and a better, full-body connection in backstroke.
- ROTATION: The fastest backstrokers in the world use a powerful rotation to create more power and increase their tempo. Swimmers will discover how much to rotate, when to rotate, and use it for maximum speed and power.
- KICK: If a swimmer is kicking from their knees, it is less efficient than kicking from the hip. Aly Tetzloff will help swimmers maintain maximum propulsion with the proper kicking technique.
- PULL: Swimmers need to bend their elbow very early in the pull so that they can get an early catch for an immediate and powerful press back into the water. Participants will work on timing their catch to pull the greatest amount of water possible!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster swim cap!