Past Clinic: High Performance Breaststroke and Butterfly Camp
Sat, Nov, 20 2021 - Sun, Nov, 21 2021
Jenison High School
2140 Bauer Rd, Jenison, MI 49428
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Jenison, MI.
John Carroll University - Johnson NatatoriumInfo
Central Park PoolInfo
Whitmore Lake High SchoolInfo
Illinois Valley YMCAInfo
Crown Point High SchoolInfo
Pleasant Prairie Rec PlexInfo
Livonia Athletic DistrictInfo
Elkhorn High SchoolInfo
McHenry Highschool Upper CampusInfo
New Berlin Eisenhower Middle-High SchoolInfo
Byron High SchoolInfo
Robert Carr Pool - Oberlin CollegeInfo
West Carrollton YMCAInfo
Waterford Kettering High SchoolInfo
Mt. Vernon Middle SchoolInfo
Fitter & Faster is coming to Jenison, MI on November 20 & 21, 2021 for a 2-day swim camp! Each day has sessions for swimmers ages 11 & under and sessions for swimmers ages 12 & up. Sign up for individual sessions or SAVE when you purchase the 2-day bundle!
HIGH PERFORMANCE BUTTERFLY & BREASTSTROKE CAMP - November 20 & 21, 2021
-> DAY 1: High Performance Butterfly Technique
-> DAY 2: High Performance Breaststroke Technique
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum! Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
Session times for both days:
11 & Under: Check in 9 AM, Clinic 9:15-11:45 AM
12 & Over: Check in 12:15pm Clinic 12:30-3:30 PM
These camps are designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 10 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
DAY 1: HIGH PERFORMANCE BUTTERFLY TECHNIQUE (Nov 20)
Participants will work with Bryar Long to improve the nuances of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Elite butterfliers maintain forward momentum by setting an immediate high catch with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breathing pattern, perfecting their distance per stroke and maintaining a horizontal body position. Swimmers will work to make these habits their own!
- BODY POSITION: Elite butterfliers focus on driving their momentum forward with minimal drag by keeping their heads low and hips high. Participants will work with Bryar Long on establishing and maintaining a proper butterfly body position.
- KICK: Each butterfly stroke has two equally strong and well-timed kicks. Attendees will work on how and when to kick in fly for maximum speed.
- PULL: Long and smooth strokes will allow swimmers to have a more efficient butterfly. Bryar Long will help participants get an early catch on the water for more power in each stroke.
- BREATH: A common mistake swimmers run into is mistiming their breath. Swimmers will work on low and efficient breaths and WHEN to breathe so that they can swim more efficiently on the breath stroke.
DAY 2: HIGH PERFORMANCE BREASTSTROKE TECHNIQUE (Nov 21)
More than any other stroke, breaststroke is the most varied. Out of the eight finalists at the Olympic Games, you might see eight different styles of strokes! A swimmer's timing and ability to eliminate resistance are both hallmarks of an efficient and powerful breaststroker. Participants have the foundation; now, they will work with Bryar Long on utilizing core and hip drive to create a fluid and more forward driving stroke.
- BODY POSITION: The best swimmers in the world learn about the importance of being patient with their stroke and trusting their "glide position" at a young age. Many swimmers rush their stroke, create "drag," and exhaust themselves. Bryar Long will work with participants to maintain a better body position for a more efficient breaststroke.
- KICK: The kick is about 80% of the power in breaststroke. Bryar Long will work with participants to polish up their kick resulting in the ultimate propulsion forward!
- PULL: Participants in this session will learn drills to encourage them to keep their hands and elbows high on the water throughout the entire pull, thereby minimizing resistance and maintaining speed.
- TIMING: A fast breaststroke is all about the rhythm! The proper timing will make your stroke fast, smooth, and less taxing on the body. Learn how elite swimmers times their breaststroke for ultimate efficiency.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster swim cap!