Santa Clarita, CA
Explosive Performance and Race Strategy Camp
Sat, Nov, 13 2021 - Sun, Nov, 14 2021
Santa Clarita Aquatics Center
20850 Centre Point Parkway, Santa Clarita, CA 91350
November 13 & 14, 2021: Explosive Performance & Race Strategy Camp – Sign up for individual sessions or SAVE when you purchase a Bundle!
This 2 day swim camp will cover a distinct curriculum each session for swimmers based on age groups. Participants will be working with our elite clinicians to work on essential skills and techniques to get faster! Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
Saturday, November 13: Explosive Starts, Underwaters & Breakouts
Sunday, November 14: Flip Turns, Open Turns & Finishes
13 & Under: Both days (Check in 9 AM, Clinic 9:15 – 11:45 AM)
14 & Over: Both Days (Check in 12:30 PM, Clinic 12:45 PM – 3:45 PM)
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
These camps are designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
Saturday, November 13: STARTS, UNDERWATERS & BREAKOUTS
The start sets up a swimmers race. The more power off the block- the better! There are countless intricacies to performing an explosive start, followed by a dominating underwater. Our clinicians has spent numerous hours practicing details of starts and underwater dolphin kicking and will work with swimmers on how to be explosive and efficient with each movement.
- STARTS: Our clinicians will work with swimmers to find the best position on the block, as well as how to launch off with power into a tight streamline. Swimmers will also discover their optimal reaction time to get off the blocks fast and ahead of their competition.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers know how to weaponize their underwater. It's one of the most crucial components to maintaining speed off the walls! Understanding the importance of streamlined underwater speed is vital for every level of swimmer.
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the power created during their underwaters. Participants will work on timing their breakouts to explode into the first stroke and accelerate onward.
Sunday, November 14: FLIP TURNS, OPEN TURNS & FINISHES
Focusing on having faster turns is an easy way to drop time and win close races. Elite swimmers maintain their momentum through a quick turn and powerful push off every wall. The clinicians will lead participants through a series of drills to build compact, fast turns in any race.
- FLIP TURNS: Swimmers will identify and work on what techniques carry their momentum through the turn to get in and out of every wall faster. Participants will also practice accelerating into the wall, using their core and arms to get through the turn, and planting their feet on the wall for a powerful push off in the perfect streamline.
- OPEN TURNS: Swimmers will learn details of an expertly executed open turn, which involves carrying momentum from one lap into the next. Swimmers will work with our clinicians to nail an efficient and quick open turn, and learn where to clean up any unnecessary drag.
- FINISHES: Races can be won or lost by hundredths of a second, and many races come down to the last few strokes. Swimmers will reinforce their kick to accelerate into the wall, time their stroke for a perfect arm extension, and keep their head down to out touch the competition.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe the clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with two of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Swim Cap!