Past Clinic: Comprehensive Butterfly Racing Camp
Sat, Aug, 17 2019 - Sun, Aug, 18 2019
Diamond Hills Sports Club and Spa
1510 Neroly Rd., Oakley, CA 94561
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Oakley, CA.
Roseville Aquatics ComplexInfo
Garces Memorial High SchoolInfo
Sun Valley Swimming PoolInfo
Two-Day High Performance Swim Camp – This camp will focus on racing faster in every butterfly race (plus improve in the IM!). Sign up for one or SAVE by signing up for both days!
Each age group will have two sessions: on Saturday, participants will learn technique to improve their whole start including the push off the block, streamline, dolphin kicks, and breakout. Then on Sunday, participants will focus on the mechanics of a smooth and powerful butterfly to become faster and more efficient swimmers.
This camp will be led by Aly Tetzloff, Pavel Romanov, and Tiffany Sudarma! Scroll down for more details on the curriculum.
Session Times (Both Days)
11 & Under: Check in 9:00 AM, Clinic 9:30 AM-12:00 PM
12 & Over: Check in 1:00 PM, Clinic 1:30 PM-4:30 PM
SAVE: Sign up before prices rise or the sessions fill up!
Aly, Tiffany, and Pavel will lead four sessions – two for each age group. This camp is recommended for swimmers with at least one year of competitive swimming experience. Swimmers younger than 8 years old are not recommended without their coach’s permission.
DAY 1 (SATURDAY): STARTS, UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING, & BREAKOUTS
The start is your swimmer’s opportunity to cover as much ground as possible in a very short period of time with great efficiency and momentum heading into the streamline and breakout. There are countless intricacies to performing a start, and it will only improve with practice. Your clinicians have spent countless hours practicing starts and underwater dolphin kicking and will show your swimmer how to be explosive and efficient with each movement.
- STARTS: Your swimmer’s proper hand and foot placement on the block can allow them to drive forward with a lot of explosive power. Aly, Tiffany, and Pavel will work with your swimmer to find the best position on the block as well as how to launch their body forward efficiently into a tight streamline and enter the water through a small hole.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers know how to weaponize their dolphin kicking. It is absolutely, undeniably, the fastest way to move through the water! Whether you dolphin kick on your stomach, side, or back, understanding the importance of streamlined, underwater speed is vital for every swimmer!
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movements in their breakout that create drag and destroy all of the momentum created during their underwater dolphin kicks. Your swimmer will work on staying streamlined and keeping their head down on the first stoke to accelerate into the first few strokes.
DAY 2 (SUNDAY): ELITE BUTTERFLY TECHNIQUE
Aly Tetzloff, Tiffany Sudarma, and Pavel Romanov will work with the participants to improve on the complexities of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Elite butterfliers maintain forward momentum by setting an immediate high catch with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breathing pattern, perfecting their distance per stroke, and maintaining a horizontal body position - become committed to these same skills...make them YOUR habits.
- BODY POSITION: Elite butterfliers focus on driving their momentum forward with minimal drag by keeping their heads low and hips high. Participants will work on establishing and maintaining the proper body position.
- KICK: Each butterfly stroke has two equally strong and well-timed kicks. Work on how and when to kick in fly for maximum speed.
- PULL: Long and smooth strokes will allow your swimmer to have a more efficient butterfly. Your clinicians will teach participants to get an early catch on the water for more power in each stroke.
- BREATH: The most common mistakes that swimmers make in fly occur during the breath. Swimmers will work on low and efficient breaths as well as WHEN to breathe so that they can swim more efficiently on the breath stroke.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Aly, Tiffany, and Pavel questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Aly, Tiffany, and Pavel swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with three of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with Aly, Tiffany, and Pavel, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Collector’s Bag Tag for each day they are at the camp. Collect all 37 and trade with your friends!