Developing a world-class swim program
Fri, Sep, 21 2018
Brownell Talbot School
400 North Happy Hollow Boulevard, Omaha, NE 68132
In partnership with Midwestern Swimming, Fitter and Faster is proud to be producing this clinic on developing a world-class age group swim program. This clinic is recommended for:
* Swim team board members/administrators
* Swim parents
Your clinic will be led by Olympic swim coach, Todd Schmitz. Not only did Schmitz coach Missy Franklin to 4 gold medals at the London Olympics, but he has also coached his team, the Colorado Stars, to 18 Colorado State Team Championships with a philosophy of “emphasizing the FUNdamentals”.
SAVE by signing up early! Prices will increase as we get closer to the clinic.
Sign up with 3 or more coaches from your team for a discount!
A lot of time and cultivation goes into developing a world-class age group swim program. At this clinic, Coach Schmitz will focus on specific areas of interest that teams of all sizes can use to get to their next level. The session will be held in the beautiful auditorium at the Brownell Talbot School. We will be showing videos on a large screen along with a PowerPoint presentation. We encourage audience participation throughout this clinic.
1. Defining Success
2. Moving or NOT MOVING an athlete to the next group
3. Retaining swimmers - it's not what most people think...
4. Developing your swimmers so they have a true feel for the water
5. Focusing on technique at a young age... and how that helps with retaining swimmers in the sport!
6. Cooperating and competing with other activities
7. Developing well rounded individuals
8. What is truly important to focus on with age group swimmers as they get older
9. Open discussion
Throughout Coach Schmitz's presentation the audience will be able to ask questions. Additionally, time will be set aside to discuss other topics typically of interest to the attendees including:
- The coach/parent relationship
- Dryland Programs
- Or anything else!
Every participant will receive one month of FREE MEMBERSHIP to Fitter and Faster's Swim Videos on Demand which features elite clinicians teaching and demonstrating drills to improve technique!