Interactive, Online Dryland Program
Past Clinic: Strength and Athleticism Programs for Swimmers: Ages 11 & 12
Tue, May, 19 2020 - Sat, Jul, 18 2020
Interactive, Online Dryland Program
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Interactive, Online Dryland Program.
Small Session Strength Training for Swimmers – Save by signing up for a full four-week cycle!
***Each online class is designed specifically for only 12 swimmers ages 11 & 12!
Receive feedback and improve your strength with this dry-land program! Participants will learn exercises and skills used by high level swimmers to improve athletic performance both in and out of the pool. Participants in this program will work with an extremely accomplished strength and conditioning trainer who has worked with many elite athletes to build more strength, improve athleticism, and prevent injury.
Participants in this program will become stronger and more athletic swimmers, prepared to practice at a higher level and race faster.
Each week has a different focus along with building strength:
- Week 1: Core Stability and Strength
- Week 2: Explosive Power and Strength
- Week 3: Endurance and Strength
- Week 4: Athleticism, Coordination and Strength
This program includes:
- 4 workouts per 4 week cycle – 1 each week
- 12 participants maximum
- Each class is one hour long
- Specific for swimmers ages 11 & 12
- Participants will be given suggestions for extra conditioning to do on the days that there is no live online class
- Each class will be designed and led by ELITE Strength and Conditioning coaches with decades of experience training swimmers.
Sign up for one week or SAVE by signing up for the whole 4 week program!
- With Coach Atiba Wade (May 19-June 13): Tuesdays & Saturdays 5:30-6:30 PM ET (3 week price available!)
- (SOLD OUT) With Coach Lee Sommers (May 25-June 17) Mondays & Wednesdays 6:00-7:00 PM ET
- (SOLD OUT) With Coach Ben Lee (May 26-June 18): Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:00-6:00 PM ET
- *NEW* With Lee Sommers (June 1-24) Mondays & Wednesdays 12:00-1:00 PM ET
- With Coach Atiba Wade (June 23-July 18): Tuesdays & Saturdays 5:30-6:30 PM ET
Swimmers ages 11 & 12 should sign up for this program. No equipment necessary!
4 WEEK STRENGTH & ATHLETICISM CYCLE FOR SWIMMERS
Each week, this dryland program will emphasize 4 key areas of strength training for swimmers. Swimmers can expect an intense workout that will target the specific muscles required to swim fast. This course will not only teach new exercises, but also help participants to continue to refine their technique and deepen their understanding of dryland technique and skills. Coach Atiba will be able to see all of the participants and provide valuable instruction and feedback throughout the class. At the end of the 4 week program, swimmers will feel stronger, be stronger and have a deeper understanding of the value of applying proper technique when exercising!
- Week 1 - Core Stability and Strength: This week's workouts will focus on the abdominal muscles, back, and obliques - otherwise known as the CORE! A strong core is imperative to swim with a fast and connected stroke. The fastest swimmers in the world work endlessly on building core strength, balance, and stability. It's the foundation of every stroke, start, and turn. Learn essential skills and then practice and improve upon the key exercises that elite swimmers do their entire careers to build these important muscles.
- Week 2 - Explosive Power and Strength: Create dynamic power to explode off every start and turn! The workouts this week will be all about jumps and powerful quick movements to develop the fast twitch muscles. These exercises are so important to build faster reaction times for more speed during key points in every race.
- Week 3 - Endurance and Strength: Your swimmer will push themselves to their limits this week with longer rep counts and holds. This workout is not only important for the physical demands of longer workouts and races, but also for the mental component learning how to push through fatigue. Working on endurance is important no matter what distance your swimmer prefers and can help with every event.
- Week 4 - Athleticism, Coordination, and Strength: Better athletes on land will lead to better athletes in the water. This week, Coach Atiba will work with swimmers to practice dynamic and compound movements to build athleticism and coordination. Your swimmer will challenge their brain while challenging their body by practicing movements that develop very specific and important connections in your swimmer's brain.