High Performance Starts and Mental Strength
Sat, Aug, 25 2018
Frisco ISD Bruce Eubanks Natatorium
7411 North First Street, Frisco, TX 75033
This clinic is SOLD OUT!
However, there is another clinic just 15 miles away! Sign up for the Lewisville, TX clinic on September 28 & 29 with Olympic gold medalist Jack Conger!
Give your swimmer the opportunity to get ahead of the competition right from the start at this High Performance FFT Swim Clinic. Two-time Olympian Cammile Adams and Olympic gold medalist Clark Smith will be in the water teaching your swimmer technique for FASTER starts, underwater dolphin kicking, and breakouts as well as mental preparation for more confidence when your swimmer steps on the blocks!
Cammile’s dad, Eddie Adams, will lead a special discussion session for the parents!
Cammile and Clark will lead two sessions designed for competitive swimmers age 9 & older:
Starts, Underwater Dolphin, Breakouts, and Mental Preparation
Step up on the blocks with more confidence by learning from two-time and Olympic gold medalist Clark Smith and Olympian Cammile Adams. She will be in the water working with participants to become more explosive off the start, more powerful and efficient in their underwater dolphin kicking, achieving a streamlined breakout, and how to be more mentally strong swimmers.
- START: Get off the blocks faster and with more speed and power by learning the techniques of Cammile Adams! Your swimmer will learn to set up on the blocks in a position that will allow them to explode forward. Make sure to be fuly engaged in the air as you throw your hands forward into a tight streamline. Your swimmer will learn drills and exercises that will help make them faster at this clinic!
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers in the world dolphin kick off of their walls and breakout ahead of the competition. It's not as hard as you think. Cammile will help swimmers improve their technique by learning how to use their core to generate more power and dolphin kick further off of every wall.
- BREAKOUTS: Learn how to cary momentum from the underwater dolphin kicks into the breakout by timing the first stroke properly and staying streamlined. Your swimmer will practice keeping their head down and it'll make a big difference in their breakout!
- MENTAL PREPARATION: A swimmer's biggest obstacle preventing them from taking their swimming to the next level is often found between their ears. Cammile will lead a discussion on helping swimmers unlock their hidden potential by creating new positive thought patterns and learning effective goal setting strategies. What your swimmer learns in this session will be invaluable. See your swimmer become a more confident person in every area of their life!
PARENT TALK WITH EDDIE ADAMS
Eddie has coached age group and elite swimmers since 1979. He is a four time Texas High School Coach of the Year, has coached 5 Olympic Trials qualifiers, several age group and high school record holders, AND a two time Olympian. Eddie has a unique perspective on swim parenting and coaching and is eager to share his experience and thoughts with parents. At the beginning of each session, after the clinicians do intros, the swimmers will head to the pool to warmup and the parents will go with Eddie for a 30 min talk about being an effective swim parent. Eddie's talk will cover:
- Handling Expectations: Kids progress at different rates. Some swimmers achieve a high level of success at a very early age while others don't develop until later on. How do you handle not only your own expectations, but also your swimmer's expectations about where they should be throughout their year to maximize results and fulfillment in the sport.
- The Coach/Parent Dynamic: The coach and parent role in a swimmer's career is a support system to ensure that the swimmer feels set up to be successful. How much should each party be involved in different areas to lift up the swimmer? Eddie will go over the different dynamics and how you can do your best to do your part in supporting your swimmer.
- Q&A: Ask the father of a two-time Olympian anything about how he was able to help in the path to success for both Cammile and her (also fast) twin sister Ashley. Relate to his story and find new ways to give your swimmer the best chance at success.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Cammile questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into her training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Cammile swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Watch one of the best swimmers in the world swim at top speed - achieved by practicing the same drills Cammile will teach you. Then, have the opportunity to swim ALL OUT and put your newly developed skills to the test of fatigue!
Take a photo while wearing Clark and Cammile's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!