Past Clinic: Elite Video Analysis
Sat, May, 06 2023 - Sat, Aug, 26 2023
Martin Pear Aquatic Center
12701 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Scottsdale, AZ.
Eastern Hills Aquatic CenterInfo
Martin Pear Aquatic CenterInfo
Martin Pear Aquatic CenterInfo
Fitter & Faster is producing an Elite Video Analysis Session on May 13th, 2023 in Scottsdale, AZ
Sign up to get the same video analysis as the Pros! Competitive age group swimmers and adults will have their strokes filmed at strategic angles below the surface! After the filming your video will be analyzed with voice over and graphics on the actual video by Olympic Coach Todd Schmitz!
Coach Schmitz has coached many elite level international competitors including American phenomenon Missy Franklin. He was a Team USA swim coach and is a technical expert who will make recommendations regarding your stroke the same way he has with Olympians!
Scroll down for more details on Elite Video Analysis as well as an informative video clip that provides an overview of what you can expect during this camp!
- Elite Video Analysis is for ALL swimmers ages 8 & Over, including adults!
- May 13: 9 AM - 2 PM
- You will receive an email one week before the filming session with the specific time for your swimmer to check in, warm up, and be filmed.
- Depending on the number of strokes you are getting recorded, your session time will run between 5 and 15 minutes
VIDEO FILMING & ANALYSIS - May 13
Sign up to get the same video analysis as the Pros! Competitive age group swimmers and adults will have their strokes professionally filmed at strategic angles below the surface! After filming, your video will be analyzed with voice-over and graphics on the actual video by Olympic Swim Coach: Todd Schmitz!
- YOUR ELITE STROKE ANALYZER: Coach Schmitz has coached many elite level international competitors including American phenomenon Missy Franklin. He was a Team USA swim coach and is a technical expert who will make recommendations regarding your stroke the same way he has with Olympians!
- BENEFITS OF GETTING FILMED: Since so much of the stroke happens below water – it is incredibly important to see what’s going on below the surface! Small adjustments to your stroke can lead to big time drops! This is your opportunity to get beautiful footage of your stroke and get analysis from an expert… and you can review with your coach as well!
- ANALYSIS: Our Fitter and Faster expert will use a video analysis application to record their comments on your technique. They will use slow motion, pause the video at specific points, and draw on the swimmer's video all while explaining where opportunities for improvement are. Each stroke will have approximately 3 to 5 minutes of expert commentary that you can review with your coaches at home!
- SIGN UP: Select to have one stroke filmed. Or, SAVE by choosing to have all four strokes filmed. The "multi-stroke options" are for individual swimmers and cannot be split.
- ORDER NUMBER: You will receive an e-mail approximately one week before the filming session with the specific time for your swimmer to check in, warm up, and be filmed. Please retain your order number - this is how swimmers will be identified on that schedule.
- ARRIVING AT THE POOL: When you arrive at the pool, you will be greeted by Fitter & Faster staff who will provide you instructions on the filming process.
- WARMING UP: Participants will have an opportunity to warm up before filming.
- FILMING: Our camera operator will have you swim two 25s at a strong pace of each stroke purchased (1 stroke or all 4 strokes). The filming of each stroke will take about three minutes. The video will capture a side angle and a front angle below the water to get an accurate view of your technique.
- DRILL RECOMMENDATIONS: You will receive recommendations for drills to correct the technique of each swimmer.
- TIMELINE: All videos will be analyzed and returned within 14 days of the camp. The analyzed videos along with the original video will be sent via email for you to keep!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo, get autographs, and chat with your clinicians!
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up today!
Search all of our clinics...or request a clinic in your area