Oak Forest, IL
Past Clinic: High Performance Starts and Freestyle
Sat, Apr, 06 2019 - Sun, Apr, 07 2019
Oak Forest High School
15201 South Central Avenue, Oak Forest, IL 60452
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Oak Forest, IL.
Countryside YMCA | LebanonInfo
Northridge High SchoolInfo
Fair Valley Swim and Tennis ClubInfo
Two-Day Swim Camp – Sign up for one or BOTH days!
This swim camp will give your swimmer has a chance to improve their freestyle and compete at a higher level on relays. On Saturday the curriculum will focus on high performance starts, relay exchanges, and underwater dolphin kicking. On Sunday, swimmers will focus on elite technique for freestyle and finishes.
Your clinician for this camp will be Elite clinician and Olympic medalist Lacey Nymeyer! Lacey is one of Fitter and Faster’s most experienced clinicians with incredible results from her student athletes. Also leading each session will be Paralympian Tucker Dupree! Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
SAVE: Sign up before prices rise or the sessions fill up!
Lacey and Tucker will be in the water leading 4 sessions, 2 for each age group. Swimmers 11 & under should have at least one year of competitive swimming experience.
SESSION 1 & 2 (SATURDAY): STARTS, RELAY EXCHANGES, AND UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING
The start is your opportunity to cover as much ground as possible in a very short period of time, with great efficiency and momentum heading into your underwater kicking and breakout. There are countless intricacies to performing a start and you only get better with practice. Olympian Lacey Nymeyer will share her experiences on how she found time to practice and improve her start both in and out of the water and teach your swimmer some of her most effective strategies to execute this explosive and athletic movement.
- STARTS: How you set up on the block including proper hand and foot placement can allow your swimmer to drive forward with a lot of explosive power. Lacey will work with each swimmer to find their best position on the block as well as how to launch their body forward efficiently into a tight streamline and enter through a small hole.
- RELAY EXCHANGES: Both the swimmer finishing and the swimmer starting have a job to do when executing a proper relay exchange. Learning the proper technique for a well timed finish and an explosive relay dive is important in ensuring a legal but small exchange time and a fast exchange.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The not-so-secret weapon of elite level swimmers is their underwater dolphin kick. Lacey is known as one of the best underwater dolphin kickers in the world and he specializes in teaching swimmers how to unlock their potential in this important skill.
SESSIONS 3 & 4 (SUNDAY): FREESTYLE AND FINISHES
Freestyle is a highly technical stroke. At this session, Olympian Lacey Nymeyer will dive deep into each component of the technique for fast and efficient freestyle technique as well as how each piece fits together. This session will also cover finishing technique so that your swimmer reaches for the wall with maximum extension and speed in every race.
- FREESTYLE: Swimmers at these sessions will renforce a straight and strong body line with the proper core engagement and head position. Then, Lacey will lead the participants through a series of drills to maximize the power behind every pull and kick. Swimmers will also work on maintaining a quick and low breath. Your swimmer will learn techniques to help them to swim faster in every freestyle race from the 50 to the mile at this session!
- FINISHES: Races can be won and lost by hundredths of a second. Many races come down to the very last stroke. Your swimmer will learn how to drive their legs, elongate their arms, and keep their head down so that they doesn't waste any time or strokes as they approach the wall.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Lacey questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into her training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Lacey swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo while wearing Lacey's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!