Interactive, Online Technique Course
High Performance Online Breaststroke Technique Course (Ages 9-11)
Tue, May, 12 2020 - Sat, Jun, 06 2020
Interactive, Online Technique Course
Small Session Breaststroke Technique Online Class – Learn and visualize stroke technique and become a better swimmer without a pool!
*** This online program is designed specifically for only 12 swimmers ages 9-11!
Practice and refine technique without getting in a pool! Work with a World Champion to learn technique for faster racing, watch examples of technique, and then practice and visualize feeling the movements in front of a mirror. Participants in this program will develop an in-depth understanding of the movements and techniques required to swim fast. Engage with our Elite Clinician for this interactive and fun class on breaststroke technique.
This course includes:
- 8 classes over 4 weeks
- Each class is about 40 minutes long
- PRIVATE SESSIONS: Each participant will receive two private one-on-one sessions for 10 minutes each. The first session will be at the beginning of the course to get to know each other. The second session will be towards the end of the course.
- Participants will utilize video, out of water exercises, and visualization
- Class will take place Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6-7 PM ET
Leading this breaststroke course is World Champion Annie Lazor! Annie is a very enthusiastic and engaging instructor. She has studied technique her whole life in order to become one of the best in the world. Your swimmer will be able to work with Annie to get inside her mind and her breaststroke to race faster!
The 8 classes will break down breaststroke as follows:
- Body and Head Position
- Arm Pull and Feel for the Water
- Arm Recovery, Lunge, and Breathing
- Hips and Core Undulation
- Stroke Length
- Stroke Tempo
Tuesday at 6:00 PM ET
Saturdays at 2:00 PM ET
Class begins on May 12
This course will be for swimmers ages 9-11! Bring a notebook and pen or pencil to take notes. Please also be near a mirror so that your swimmer can practice the movements and watch themselves to build muscle memory.
BREASTSTROKE CLASS STRUCTURE
Each class will focus on a different component of breaststroke and build upon what is learned each week. World Champion Annie Lazor will work with participants to engage them in an age appropriate and enthusiastic learning environment. Each class will be structured similarly and follow a pattern designed to accelerate learning and build muscle memory outside of the pool. Swimmers who complete this course will be better prepared to swim fast when pools reopen!
- Introduction: The class will open with a welcome from World Champion Annie Lazor. She will review a summary of the skill being taught as well as the importance of that skill as it fits into the whole breaststroke stroke.
- Video Examples: Annie will then show video examples of both good and bad technique for that specific skill. She will point out what makes the demonstration good or bad and why.
- Drill Videos: Corrective drill videos will then be shown to help swimmers understand what they might be able to do to fix or improve their technique in that specific area of the stroke.
- Dryland Exercises: Practice both exercises to build muscle memory as well as practice movements in front of a mirror to develop an image of the skills. The movement component is particularly important right now while swimmers need to keep their muscles remembering the movement of swimming with good technique!
- Visualization: Swimmers will then close their eyes and visualize themselves swimming the technique and the drills to reinforce what they have now watched and mimed. This continues to develop the learning component and build a memory and feeling of each technique.
- Review, Notes, Other Questions: The class will wrap up with swimmers writing the main points of what was learned in a log book to help them remember what was worked on. Participants are also welcome to ask questions!