New Castle, DE
Elite Video Filming & Analysis Swim Camp
Sat, Jun, 25 2022 - Sun, Jun, 26 2022
2150 New Castle Ave, New Castle, DE 19720
ELITE VIDEO FILMING & ANALYSIS!
Fitter & Faster is producing an Elite Video Filming & Analysis Session on June 25, 2022 in New Castle, DE!
Get the same video analysis as the Pros! Competitive age group swimmers and Adults are invited to have their strokes professionally filmed SIMULTANEOUSLY at strategic angles below and above water! THEN, have your video analyzed with voice over and graphics on the actual video by Olympic Coach Todd Schmitz.
Scroll down for more details on Video Filming & Analysis as well as an informative video that provides an overview of what you can expect during this camp!
ELITE VIDEO FILMING AND ANALYSIS - June 25, 2022
Do you want to know why swimmers times began dropping so drastically in the early 2000s and continuing through today? The answer is video analysis! Since so much of the stroke happens below water – it is incredibly important to see what’s going on below the surface! Swimmers in recent years have been able to analyze their stroke with coaches to make technical changes that make them more efficient. This is your opportunity to get beautiful footage of your stroke and get analysis from one of the top coaches in the world... and review at home with your coach.
- Olympic Coach, Todd Schmitz: Your video will be analyzed with voice over and graphics on the actual video by Olympic Coach Todd Schmitz. Schmitz has coached six swimmers to Olympic teams – including Olympic superstar Missy Franklin from the time she was 9-years old through the 2012 and 2016 Olympics.
- ANALYSIS: Olympic coach Todd Schmitz will use a video analysis application to record his comments on your swimming. He will use slow motion, pause the video at specific points, and draw on the swimmer's video all while talking to explain where each swimmer can improve their technique. Each stroke will have approximately 5 to 7 minutes of expert commentary that you can review with your coaches at home!
- DRILL RECOMMENDATIONS: Todd will make recommendations for drills to correct the technique of each swimmer. He will assign specific drill videos in Swim Videos on Demand that he suggests the swimmer practice to improve. Each participant is getting a free month of Swim Videos on Demand to use to make their necessary stroke corrections.
- FILMING: Our camera operator will have each swimmer swim two 25s at a strong pace of each stroke purchased (1 stroke or all 4 strokes). The filming of each stroke should take about three minutes. The video will capture a side angle and a front angle simultaneously below and above water to get an accurate view of your swimmer's technique. The cameras used in this shoot are the same ones used in the filming of Fitter and Faster's Swim Videos on Demand!
- WARMING UP: Swimmers will have an opportunity to warm up before filming. This is strongly recommended to get an accurate recording of each swimmer.
- ARRIVING AT THE POOL: When you arrive at the pool, you will be greeted by Fitter and Faster staff who will provide you instructions on the filming process.
- SIGN UP: Select to have one stroke filmed. Or, SAVE by choosing to have two, or all four strokes filmed. The "multi-stroke options" can not be split between more than one swimmer.
- ORDER NUMBER: You will receive an e-mail a week before the filming session with the specific time for your swimmer to check in, warm up, and be filmed. Please retain your order number - this is how swimmers will be identified on that schedule.
- TIMELINE: All videos will be analyzed and returned within 21 days of the clinic. The analyzed videos along with the original video will be sent via email for you to keep!