Competitive Enrichment Swim Camp For Ages 7 to 10
Warrenton Area Recreation Facility (WARF)
800 Waterloo Rd, Warrenton, VA 20186
Fitter & Faster is returning to the Warrenton Area Recreation Facility on March 9 & 10 to produce a 2-day Competitive Enrichment Swim Camp for swimmers who are between the ages of 7 and 10 years old. If your young, competitive swimmer has a desire to improve their technique so they can practice and race with more efficiency – this is the swim camp for them! Please click here for the swim camp page for ages 11 to 14!
COMPETITIVE ENRICHMENT SWIM CAMP (AGES 7 to 10)
DAY 1 (Saturday, March 9): Freestyle Technique
DAY 2 (Sunday, March 10): Backstroke Technique
Scroll down for details on the curriculum!
-> Availability in each session is limited to 24 participants to ensure the best learning experience.
-> SAVE when you purchase the “Entire Camp Bundle” for your swimmer.
SESSION START TIMES FOR BOTH DAYS: Check in 10 AM, Camp 10:15-12:45 PM
Our top priority is to provide a world-class learning experience for all participants at all of our camps. This camp has sessions for swimmers ages 7 to 10 Participants will range from one-year of competitive swimming experience to AAAA times and faster. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 7 and would like for your child to be considered for the younger sessions of this camp, please complete this questionnaire. If you are looking for the swim camp page for ages 11 to 14, click here!
Freestyle and backstroke utilize the same body position, posture, rotation, and an early “catch” to move down the pool with efficiency and speed. They are called the “long axis” strokes because swimmers rotate their hips and torso around their spine. Over two days, your swimmer, no matter their level, will improve their freestyle and backstroke technique, racing and training skills!
- DAY 1 (Saturday, March 9): FREESTYLE DAY!
- DAY 2 (Sunday, March 10): BACKSTROKE DAY!
- Bodyline: On each day of this camp, participants will learn and practice proper posture and engagement of their core for better technique in freestyle and backstroke. Participants will learn how even the slightest adjustment of the chin, neck, and/or back can make a huge difference in creating more hydrodynamic and efficient strokes - for faster swimming!
- Rotation: Freestyle and backstroke are fastest and most efficient when a swimmer’s body is “rotating” around their spine with each stroke. This part of swimming both strokes has a big effect on maintaining a proper bodyline. Participants will practice activating their core muscles to form a powerful connection from head to toe with every stroke they take! On Day 1 we will work on rotation skills for Freestyle and on Day 2 rotation skills for backstroke.
- Kicking: While similar, the kick is different in freestyle and backstroke. In both strokes the kick is the motor behind their races! There are obviously proper and improper ways to kick which we will review on each day of this camp. Just as important, however, is practicing the complexities of how and when swimmers need to “shift gears” in their legs to become stronger and faster racers.
- Pull: The pull in both freestyle and backstroke keeps a swimmer balanced and accelerating forward. Essentially the best swimmers are creating a paddle with every stroke. On each day of this camp, your clinicians will work with participants to establish an early vertical forearm “the catch”, enabling your swimmer to put immediate pressure back on the water. Properly completing the freestyle and backstroke arm-pull keeps the swimmer moving forward efficiently and fast.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Throughout the camp, swimmers will practice what they've learned with some of the world's most elite Swimmer Clinicians and coaches!
Take a photo, get autographs, and chat with your clinicians!