Past Clinic: Elite Video Filming & Analysis
Sat, Sep, 17 2022 - Sun, Sep, 18 2022
Deaconess Aquatic Center
24 Don Mattingly Way, Evansville, IN 47710
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Evansville, IN.
Collinsville Marysville Troy YMCAInfo
Portage High School PoolInfo
Central Park SchoolInfo
Pike High SchoolInfo
ELITE VIDEO FILMING & ANALYSIS
Fitter & Faster is producing an Elite Video Filming & Analysis Session on September 17th, 2022 in Evansville, IN!
Get the same video analysis as the Pros! Competitive age group swimmers and Adults are invited to have their strokes professionally filmed simultaneously at strategic angles below and above water! THEN, have your stroke analyzed with voice over and graphics on the underwater footage by Olympic Coach: Todd Schmitz.
Scroll down for more details on Video Filming & Analysis as well as an informative video that provides an overview of what you can expect during this camp!
This camp is designed for competitive swimmers of ALL ages and abilities. You will receive an email a week before the filming session with the specific time for your swimmer to check in, warm up, and be filmed.
Elite Video Filming & Analysis - SEPTEMBER 17, 2022
Do you want to know why swimmers times began dropping so drastically in the early 2000s and continuing through today? The answer is video analysis! Swimmers in recent years have been able to analyze their stroke with coaches to make technical changes that make them more efficient. This is your opportunity to get beautiful footage of your stroke and get analysis from one of the top coaches in the world... and review at home with your coach.
- Olympic Coach, Todd Schmitz: Your video will be analyzed with voice over and graphics on the actual video by Olympic Coach Todd Schmitz. Schmitz has coached six swimmers to Olympic teams – including Olympic superstar Missy Franklin from the time she was 9-years old through the 2012 and 2016 Olympics.
- ANALYSIS: Since so much of the stroke happens below water – it is incredibly important to see what’s going on below the surface! Olympic coach Todd Schmitz will use a video analysis application to record his comments on your stroke. He will use slow motion, pause the video at specific points, and draw on the swimmer's video all while talking to explain where each swimmer can improve their technique. Each stroke will have approximately 5 to 7 minutes of expert commentary that you can review with your coaches at home!
- DRILL RECOMMENDATIONS: Todd will make recommendations for drills to correct the technique of each swimmer. He will assign specific drill videos in Swim Videos on Demand that he suggests the swimmer practice to improve. Each participant is getting a free month of Swim Videos on Demand to use to make their necessary stroke corrections.
- FILMING: Our camera operator will have each swimmer swim two 25s at a strong pace of each stroke purchased (1 stroke or all 4 strokes). The filming of each stroke should take about three minutes. The video will capture a side angle and a front angle simultaneously below and above water to get an accurate view of your swimmer's technique. The cameras used in this shoot are the same ones used in the filming of Fitter and Faster's Swim Videos on Demand!
- WARMING UP: Swimmers will have an opportunity to warm up before filming. This is strongly recommended to get an accurate recording of each swimmer.
- ARRIVING AT THE POOL: When you arrive at the pool, you will be greeted by Fitter and Faster staff who will provide you instructions on the filming process.
- SIGN UP: Select to have one stroke filmed. Or, SAVE by choosing to have two, or all four strokes filmed. The "multi-stroke options" can not be split between more than one swimmer.
- ORDER NUMBER: You will receive an e-mail a week before the filming session with the specific time for your swimmer to check in, warm up, and be filmed. Please retain your order number - this is how swimmers will be identified on that schedule.
- TIMELINE: All videos will be analyzed and returned within 21 days of the clinic. The analyzed videos along with the original video will be sent via email for you to keep!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter & Faster give away item!