Past Clinic: Adult Swim Camp
Sat, Apr, 15 2023 - Sun, Apr, 16 2023
Delaware Community Family YMCA
1121 S Houk Rd, Delaware, OH 43015
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Delaware, OH.
NKU-Campus Rec CenterInfo
Ontario Local SchoolsInfo
New Palestine High SchoolInfo
Northland Swim ClubInfo
Ringgold High SchoolInfo
David M. Hallman III Aquatics CenterInfo
Carmel High School NatatoriumInfo
Richard Wachs Aquatic CenterInfo
YMCA of Huber HeightsInfo
Genesis Blairwood Tennis, Swim & Fitness ClubInfo
Mt. Vernon Middle SchoolInfo
Johnson Central High SchoolInfo
Galion Community Center YMCAInfo
Kiski School - Ross Athletic CenterInfo
Delaware Community Family YMCAInfo
Fitter & Faster is producing a 2-day swim camp for adult swimmers in Delaware, OH on April 15 & 16, 2023!
ADULT SWIM CAMP!
DAY 1: Starts, Underwaters & Breakouts
DAY 2: Flip Turns, Open Turns & Finishes
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
-> Session sizes are limited to only 24 participants to allow for the best learning experience.
-> SAVE when you purchase the “Full Camp Bundle”!
START TIMES FOR BOTH DAYS: Check in 3:30 PM, Camp 3:45-6:45 PM
Additional Swim Camps in Delaware, OH:
Our top priority is to provide a world-class learning experience for all participants at all of our camps. This camp has sessions for swimmers ages 19 & older. Participants may be competitive Masters Swimmers and others who swim for fitness.
The momentum generated from an explosive start and turns are the FASTEST that elite swimmers are moving in a race! The more efficient, powerful and hydrodynamic you are, directly impacts your speed and distance they travel in the water before taking your first stroke!
Day 1: EXPLOSIVE STARTS, UNDERWATERS & BREAKOUTS (April 15)
The better a swimmer’s technique is off the starting block, the more speed they will carry into the water. Day 1 of this swim camp will help you improve your start, underwater dolphin kicking and breakouts! This sequence is not only the fastest part of every race, but it is also the part of the race in which you can cover the most ground with the most efficiency.
- BLOCK STARTS: To ensure an explosive start, a swimmer needs to set themselves up properly on the block. The elite clinicians will work with you on the optimal positioning of your entire body to allow for a quick reaction time and optimal speed.
- STREAMLINE: The streamline - if done properly - will be the fastest a swimmer travels while in the water. Proper streamlines are even faster than underwater dolphin kicking. Even the most elite swimmers in the world are constantly working on improving their streamline. You will get tips to improve your streamline and a better appreciation of what they need to do on every single wall in practice and in races.
- INITIATING UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: Elite swimmers want to maximize their streamline on every single lap. So, they don’t want to start their underwater dolphin kicking while they’re still achieving maximum speed in their streamline. They also don’t want to start the underwater dolphin kicking after their streamline has begun to slow. You are going to learn how to time when to begin your underwater dolphin kicking.
- POWERFUL UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: There are a few different techniques that swimmers use when underwater dolphin kicking. The common theme of these techniques is that the best swimmers kick up and down with equal power. We will show you the different techniques that elite swimmers use and teach them how to implement.
- NUMBER OF UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKS: Figuring out the optimal number of kicks off each wall, for each race, is essential to fast swimming. Elite swimmers want to spend only the absolute necessary amount of time underwater to establish speed with each length. They want to avoid losing their breath and taking weak kicks.
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the speed created during their underwaters. You will work on timing your breakouts to explode into each lap.
Day 2: FASTER FLIP TURNS, OPEN TURNS & FINISHES (April 16)
Quick, powerful turns and finishes are crucial to fast times and winning close races. The top age group and elite swimmers aren't using walls just for turning around - they are used to generate speed and momentum going into the next lap. Elite swimmers are constantly working their turns and looking for areas to improve them. Today, we're going to work with you on taking this crucial part of every race (and practice) to the next level!
- MOMENTUM: At the elite level of swimming, walls aren’t just used for turning around - they are used to generate speed and momentum going into the next lap. Outside of the elite ranks, most swimmers stop or slow down while going into the wall, which kills their momentum! We will work with you on the intricacies of approaching every wall at top speed and seamlessly initiating your “turn”.
- FLIP TURNS: Flip turns are an opportunity for you to increase momentum in the middle of a race! Flip turns in which the athletes slow down or have “mechanical” movements negatively impact the speed at which a swimmer comes off the wall. We will work with you to produce fast flip turns so that they can explode off the walls at maximum speed.
- OPEN TURNS: Elite butterflyers and breaststrokers utilize speed from their last lap to create momentum and even more speed at the beginning of the next lap. Their open turns are actually not “turns”, but more like high-speed pivots. Participants in this session will work on these techniques to have much faster open turns!
- STREAMLINE, UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING, BREAKOUT PROGRESSION: At this session participants will continue to work on the progression covered on Day 1.
- FINISHES: Setting yourself up for a fast finish is very similar to setting yourself up for a strong turn in any race. Races are won and lost by hundredths-of-a-second at every swim meet. Many races come down to the last few strokes. At this camp, you will learn techniques to set themselves up for a well-timed finish when they are still about 10 yards from the wall.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo, get autographs, and chat with your clinicians!
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up today!
Search all of our clinics...or request a clinic in your area