Past Clinic: 2023 Crawfordsville, IN Swim Camp
Crawfordsville Aquatic Center
1 W Athenian Dr, Crawfordsville, IN 47933
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Crawfordsville, IN.
Inwood Athletic ClubInfo
Columbus School for GirlsInfo
Lyons Township HS - North/SouthInfo
Saline High SchoolInfo
Genesis Blairwood Tennis, Swim & Fitness ClubInfo
New Berlin Eisenhower Middle-High SchoolInfo
Pleasant Prairie Rec PlexInfo
Lyons Township HS - North/SouthInfo
New Albany High SchoolInfo
Leonard Family Athletic Center @ Cincinnati Country Day SchoolInfo
Pleasant Prairie Rec PlexInfo
East Moline Municipal PoolInfo
Dexter Community PoolInfo
West Carrolton YMCAInfo
Crawfordsville Aquatic CenterInfo
Pike High SchoolInfo
New Palestine High SchoolInfo
Fitter & Faster is producing a 2-day swim camp on April 29 & 30, 2023 in Crawfordsville, IN!
2023 CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN SWIM CAMP
DAY 1 (Saturday): Starts, Underwaters & Breakouts!
DAY 2 (Sunday): Fast Butterfly & Breaststroke Technique!
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
-> Availability is limited to 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
-> SAVE when you purchase the “Full Camp Bundle” for your swimmer's age group!
SESSION START TIMES:
Saturday, April 29:
Ages 9 to 12: Check in: 12:45 PM, Camp 1-3:30 PM
Ages 13 & over: Check in 4:15 PM, Camp 4:30pm-7:30 PM
Sunday, April 30:
Ages 9 to 12: Check in 8:45 AM, Camp 9-11:30 AM
Ages 13 & over: Check in 12:15 PM, Camp 12:30-3:30 PM
Our top priority is to provide a world-class learning experience for all participants at all of our camps. This camp has sessions for swimmers ages 9 to 12 and 13 & older. Participants will range from one-year of competitive swimming experience to AAAA times and faster. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 9 and would like for your child to be considered for the younger sessions of this camp, please complete this questionnaire.
Over 2 days, your swimmer will work with our elite clinicians to explode off of the blocks into well executed underwaters and breakouts as well as improve their butterfly & breaststroke technique!
Day 1: EXPLOSIVE STARTS, UNDERWATERS & BREAKOUTS (April 29)
The better a swimmer’s technique is off the starting block, the more speed they will carry into the water. Day 1 of this swim camp will help your swimmer improve their start, underwater dolphin kicking and breakouts! This sequence is not only the fastest part of every race, but it is also the part of the race in which elite swimmers cover the most ground with the most efficiency.
- BLOCK STARTS: To ensure an explosive start, a swimmer needs to set themselves up properly on the block. The elite clinicians will work with participants on the optimal positioning of your swimmer’s entire body to allow for a quick reaction time and optimal speed.
- STREAMLINE: The streamline - if done properly - will be the fastest a swimmer travels while in the water. Proper streamlines are even faster than underwater dolphin kicking. Even the most elite swimmers in the world are constantly working on improving their streamline. Your swimmer will get tips to improve their streamline and a better appreciation of what they need to do on every single wall in practice and in races.
- INITIATING UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: Elite swimmers want to maximize their streamline on every single lap. So, they don’t want to start their underwater dolphin kicking while they’re still achieving maximum speed in their streamline. They also don’t want to start the underwater dolphin kicking after their streamline has begun to slow. Your swimmer is going to learn how to time when to begin their underwater dolphin kicking.
- POWERFUL UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: There are a few different techniques that swimmers use when underwater dolphin kicking. The common theme of these techniques is that the best swimmers kick up and down with equal power. We will show your swimmer the different techniques that elite swimmers use and teach them how to implement.
- NUMBER OF UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKS: Figuring out the optimal number of kicks off each wall, for each race, is essential to fast swimming. Elite swimmers want to spend only the absolute necessary amount of time underwater to establish speed with each length. They want to avoid losing their breath and taking weak kicks.
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the speed created during their underwaters. Participants will work on timing their breakouts to explode into each lap.
DAY 2: BUTTERFLY & BREASTSTROKE TECHNIQUE (April 30)
Butterfly and breaststroke utilize similar body position, rhythmic “undulating” movements, and an early “catch” to get across the pool with efficiency and speed. They are called the “short axis” strokes because swimmers bend at the hips, rotating along the body’s shorter axis, to generate power and forward momentum. During this session, your swimmer will improve their butterfly and breaststroke technique, racing and training skills!
- BODYLINE: Butterfly and breaststroke races are going to be fastest with a proper bodyline. Slight adjustments of the chin, neck, and/or back can make a huge difference. Participants will learn and practice proper posture,and engagement of their core and how to undulate or “weave” their bodies through the water’s surface creating a strong foundation for better technique. This full-body connection allows for more hydrodynamic and efficient butterfly and breaststroke strokes.
- TIMING: The timing of the breath in butterfly and breaststroke has a direct relationship on a swimmer’s body position, pull, kick and TIMES! At this camp, we will work with participants on breathing with their chin low to the water... and WHEN to breathe in their stroke cycle so that they develop the most efficient stroke possible!
- KICK: Butterfly and breaststroke are both "rhythmic strokes" - timing of your swimmer's kick, breath and pull are important. Your swimmer will work on how and when to kick in butterfly and breaststroke for maximum speed. Our clinicians will work with participants to strengthen their kick for the ultimate propulsion forward!
- ARMSTROKE: Long, smooth strokes allow swimmers to have a more efficient and fluid butterfly. Quick, powerful strokes put the swimmers in the best position to maximize their breaststroke kick and move forward continuously. Your clinicians will work with participants to establish an early vertical forearm, “the catch”, enabling the swimmers to put immediate pressure back on the water. Swimmers will be taught how to properly complete the pull and recover their arms to keeps them moving forward efficiently and fast.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo, get autographs, and chat with your clinicians!