Western Springs, IL
Past Clinic: 2022 Freestyle & Backstroke Technique Swim Camp
Sat, Mar, 19 2022 - Sun, Mar, 20 2022
Lyons Swim Club
4900 Willow Springs Rd, Western Springs, IL 60558
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Western Springs, IL.
Azionaqua Swim ClubInfo
Logansport High SchoolInfo
Adrian High School PoolInfo
Bouws Pool (Outdoor)Info
Merkel Aquatic CenterInfo
Georgetown Country ClubInfo
McKendree MetroRec PlexInfo
Michigan City High SchoolInfo
Waterford Kettering High SchoolInfo
Crawfordsville Aquatic CenterInfo
Lyons Swim ClubInfo
Lyons Swim ClubInfo
Pleasant Prairie Rec PlexInfo
Fitter & Faster is returning to Western Springs on March 19 & 20, 2022! SAVE when you purchase a 2-day camp bundle for your swimmer’s age group!
High Performance Freestyle & Backstroke Technique – March 19 & 20, 2022
DAY 1: High Performance Freestyle Technique
DAY 2: High Performance Backstroke Technique
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum! Availability is limited to ensure the highest level of learning experience!
Sessions times for both dayss:
11 & Under: Check in 8:45 AM, Clinic 9-11:30 AM
12 & Over: Check in 12:15 PM, Clinic 12:30-3:30 PM
This camp is designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
Freestyle & Backstroke Technique - MARCH 19 & 20, 2022
Freestyle and backstroke utilize the same body position, posture, rotation, and an early “catch” to move down the pool with efficiency and speed. They are called the “long axis” strokes because swimmers rotate their hips and torso around their spine. Over two days, your swimmer, no matter their level, will improve their freestyle and backstroke technique, racing and training skills!
- DAY 1: Freestyle Technique & Drills
- DAY 2: Backstroke Technique & Drills
- Bodyline: On each day of this camp, participants will learn and practice proper posture and engagement of their core for better technique in freestyle and backstroke. Participants will learn how even the slightest adjustment of the chin, neck, and/or back can make a huge difference in creating more hydrodynamic and efficient strokes - for faster swimming!
- Rotation: Freestyle and backstroke are fastest and most efficient when a swimmer’s body is “rotating” around their spine with each stroke. This part of swimming both strokes has a big effect on maintaining a proper bodyline. Participants will practice activating their core muscles to form a powerful connection from head to toe with every stroke they take! On Day 1 we will work on rotation skills for Freestyle and on Day 2 rotation skills for backstroke.
- Kicking: While similar, the kick is different in freestyle and backstroke. In both strokes the kick is the motor behind their races! There are obviously proper and improper ways to kick which we will review on each day of this camp. Just as important, however, is practicing the complexities of how and when swimmers need to “shift gears” in their legs to become stronger and faster racers.
- Pull: The pull in both freestyle and backstroke keeps a swimmer balanced and accelerating forward. Essentially the best swimmers are creating a paddle with every stroke. On each day of this camp, your clinicians will work with participants to establish an early vertical forearm “the catch”, enabling your swimmer to put immediate pressure back on the water. Properly completing the freestyle and backstroke arm-pull keeps the swimmer moving forward efficiently and fast.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask their clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe your clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Gift!
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster GIFT!