Past Clinic: Swim Faster Freestyle and Backstroke
Sun, Apr, 24 2016
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Noblesville, IN.
Oak Forest High SchoolInfo
Eisenhower Middle-High SchoolInfo
Northview High SchoolInfo
Saturday: Center Grove High SchoolInfo
West Carrollton YMCAInfo
C.W. Avery Family YMCAInfo
Ashland Area YMCAInfo
Crawfordsville Aquatic CenterInfo
Munster High SchoolInfo
Countryside YMCA | LebanonInfo
CSU Rec CenterInfo
FREESTYLE: We swim freestyle more than any other stroke in training - make each stroke you take count! Begin by setting up a great bodyline, learning drills to establish high elbows in both your powerful catch and your relaxed recovery and commit to a six beat kick.
- BODY AND HEAD POSITION: Instead of relying on your kick to keep your hips high, learn skills and drills elite swimmers rely on to keep a horizontal body position throughout a race.
- CORE DRIVEN ROTATION: From sprinter to miler, the hips and core play such an important role in generating the rotation. Feel the power when you realize how the pull and the hip rotation work together to create forward momentum.
BACKSTROKE: Identify with your expert clinicians the key factors to build a balanced and propulsive backstroke. It will require a strong core, a small and steady kick and a pull pattern where pressure is put immediately backwards on the water.
- BODY ROTATION: By learning how to rotate from the core, hips and shoulders, swimmers will be able to maintain a tight body line throughout their stroke as well as achieve a deeper, stronger catch.
- PROPER HAND ENTRY: Participants will learn the proper hand entry and placement used to set up each pull.
- EFFICIENT PULL PATH: Observe and practice pushing the water to the back of the pool with each stroke. This maximizes power and efficiency.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS: Observe the Olympians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast freestyle and breaststroke.
GET UP AND RACE: Race two of the best swimmers in the world and watch their near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills they will teach you.
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers. Sign up today!
Take a photo while wearing clinicians' medals, get autographs, and pick up a full color Fitter & Faster Tour 2015-2016 Yearbook and a special welcome bag that contains gifts from our sponsors!