Starts, Underwaters & Breakouts for 16 & Over Swimmers!
Fri, Sep, 15 2023 - Sat, Sep, 16 2023
790 E Salem Ave, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Fitter & Faster is producing a 1-day swim clinic for competitive swimmers ages 16 & over at Salem College in Winston Salem, NC on September 15, 2023! Please click here if you are looking for the 2-day swim camp webpage for athletes ages 9 to 12 and 13 & over!
EXPLOSIVE STARTS, UNDERWATERS & MORE SWIM CLINIC!
Ages 16 & Over
Friday, April 21, 2023
Check in 4:45 PM, Camp 5-8 PM
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
-> Availability in this session is limited to 24 participants to ensure the best learning experience!
Our top priority is to provide a world-class learning experience for all participants at all of our camps. This camp has sessions for swimmers ages 16 & older. Participants will range from a few years of competitive swimming experience to college swimmers. If you are looking for the camp for swimmers ages 16 & younger, CLICK HERE!
The better a swimmer’s technique is off the starting block, the more speed they will carry into the water. This swim clinic will help participants improve their start, underwater dolphin kicking and breakouts! This sequence is not only the fastest part of every race, but it is also the part of the race in which elite swimmers cover the most ground with the most efficiency.
- BLOCK STARTS: To ensure an explosive start, a swimmer needs to set themselves up properly on the block. The elite clinicians will work with participants on the optimal positioning of your swimmer’s entire body to allow for a quick reaction time and optimal speed.
- STREAMLINE: The streamline - if done properly - will be the fastest a swimmer travels while in the water. Proper streamlines are even faster than underwater dolphin kicking. Even the most elite swimmers in the world are constantly working on improving their streamline. Athletes will get tips to improve their streamline and a better appreciation of what they need to do on every single wall in practice and in races.
- INITIATING UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: Elite swimmers want to maximize their streamline on every single lap. So, they don’t want to start their underwater dolphin kicking while they’re still achieving maximum speed in their streamline. They also don’t want to start the underwater dolphin kicking after their streamline has begun to slow. Your swimmer is going to learn how to time when to begin their underwater dolphin kicking.
- POWERFUL UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: There are a few different techniques that swimmers use when underwater dolphin kicking. The common theme of these techniques is that the best swimmers kick up and down with equal power. We will show your swimmer the different techniques that elite swimmers use and teach them how to implement.
- NUMBER OF UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKS: Figuring out the optimal number of kicks off each wall, for each race, is essential to fast swimming. Elite swimmers want to spend only the absolute necessary amount of time underwater to establish speed with each length. They want to avoid losing their breath and taking weak kicks.
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the speed created during their underwaters. Participants will work on timing their breakouts to explode into each lap.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo, get autographs, and chat with your clinicians!
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up today!