Voorhees Township, NJ
Past Clinic: Holiday Training Power Camp
Fri, Dec, 28 2018 - Sat, Dec, 29 2018
NL Aquatic Center
333 Preston Avenue, Voorhees Township, NJ 08043
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Voorhees Township, NJ.
The St. James Sports, Wellness and Entertainment ComplexInfo
Keystone Aquatic CenterInfo
Springfield and Arlington, VAInfo
Raritan Valley Community CollegeInfo
Nazareth Area Middle SchoolInfo
Hollidaysburg Area High SchoolInfo
Concord High SchoolInfo
Sayville Middle SchoolInfo
Shenendehowa Aquatic CenterInfo
Montgomery County, MDInfo
Yorktown High SchoolInfo
This is an elite level swim camp to be held over two days.
Your lead clinicians for this camp will be two-time Olympian Chloe Sutton and Head Coach who last led Auburn University to the Division 1 NCAA title, Brett Hawke – a two-time Olympian himself.
The hardest training of the year takes place during the holiday season! Champions are made during these grueling practices, but is your swimmer getting everything they can out of these important workouts? At this two-day camp, your swimmer will learn how to maintain their technique, their enthusiasm, and their speed all while pushing their bodies to the limit.
Sessions are limited to absolutely no more than 36 participants per session. Only swimmers willing to work hard (and leave with an unmatched sense of achievement) should attend this clinic. There will be 2 sessions for swimmers ages 9-12 and 2 sessions for swimmers ages 13 and older.
Prices increase as the clinic date approaches. So, sign up early before it sells out.
Day 1: POWER
The first day of this two-day camp will be all about intentionally building more power in every area of swimming fast. Learn from Olympians Brett Hawke and Chloe Sutton strategies for allowing each stroke to take you further!
- GETTING THE MOST OUT OF TRAINING: Every practice is an opportunity to get better. Is your swimmer taking full advantage of every opportunity? Chloe and Brett will go over some physical and psychological strategies for how to get more out of every practice.
- DYNAMIC WARMUP: Certain muscle activations and stretches can helps swimmers to set themselves up to swim more efficiently the moment that they get into the water. Work with our Olympians to develop a dynamic warmup routine that will help prevent injury, improve flexibility, and strengthen the most important muscles in a swimmer's body.
- IMPROVING POWER IN STROKE TECHNIQUE: There are techniques that a swimmer can use in each stroke to create more power. Participants in this session will learn how to maximize the power of each movement through utilizing the correct muscles and having the proper technique
- POWER TRAINING: Elite athletes have learned specific training exercises in the water that teach them how to hold on to more water AND increase their muscle strength! Participants will get to utilize resistance training tools and specific drills that will change the way they think and feel in the water for more power out of every movement.
- MATINTAINING ENTHUSIASM: For many swimmers, the biggest challenge during the hardest training of the year is staying positive. It is so hard to push yourself to your limits every single practice! Chloe and Brett will help participants learn how to choose to have a positive and enthusiastic attitude that they can sustain through the toughest training of the year and beyond!
Day 2: Speed
The second day of this two day camp will be all about speed! Having a fast reaction time and the RIGHT tempo can greatly improve a swimmer's times! Olympians Chloe Sutton and Brett Hawke will help swimmers learn how to maintain their technique and have the right mindset even when fatigue sets in.
- GOAL SETTING: One of the most common, and simplest, strategies individuals in any challenging situation use is learning how to set and go after their goals. Chloe and Brett will help your swimmer set up their goals to improve their chances of reaching them.
- DRYLAND FOR SWIMMING: Doing a dryland program that compliments the work done in the pool is so important to preventing injury, improving range of motion, and increasing strength! Learn which exercises your swimmer should and shouldn't be doing to help them unlock more speed in the pool!
- MAINTAININIG TECHNIQUE THROUGH FATIGUE: We've all seen it and felt it... The moment where your muscles say "NO MORE" and your arms and legs begin to lose the technique that is so important to not only swimming fast but also preventing injury! Learn strategies to both mentally and physically get through that wall of fatigue to maintain technique and speed through the pain of fatigue.
- SPEED TRAINING: At this session, your swimmer will train their muscles to be more explosive in the essential areas of swimming with both speed and power. Chloe and Brett will take the participants through a series of sets and in-water exercises to generate more speed in their racing.
- RECOVERY: Being an athlete doesn't stop when a swimmer leaves the pool. When you're an athlete, you're an athlete 100% of the time! That means practicing good recovery techniques between practices. Chloe and Brett will teach participants proper nutrition, sleep, and recovery habits to accelerate the recovery process so that their bodies are less sore and more ready to work hard at every practice!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Chloe and Brett questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Chloe Sutton swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo while wearing Chloe and Brett's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!