High Performance Swim Camp Series
Sat, Nov, 06 2021 - Sun, Nov, 07 2021
Mecklenberg Aquatics Center
800 E M.L.K. Jr Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28202
November 6-7, 2021
Race Strategy Camp: 50’s & 100’s– SAVE by signing up both days of one camp or multiple days across multiple camps!
Swimmers at this camp will focus on developing a strong race strategy for events 50 and 100 yards in any stroke. By learning how to vary components of technique, pacing, and tempo, participants can take their racing to the next level in ANY stroke. No matter how fast you are, every swimmer will walk away from each session of this camp series with new technical skills and the confidence to drop time! Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
Saturday, November 6: Swimmers will focus on swimming events 100 yards in any events!
Sunday, November 7: Participants will focus on swimming a fast 50-yard race!
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
– Saturday: Check in 11:30 AM, Clinic 11:45-2:45 PM
– Sunday: Check in 2:30 PM, Clinic 2:45-5:45 PM
– Saturday: Check in 8 AM, Clinic 8:15-10:45 AM
– Sunday: Check in 11 AM, Clinic 11:15-1:45 PM
November 6-7: Race Strategy Camp: The 50 and 100’s
November 6: Race Strategy – 100’s
– Group A: 100 yd Freestyle – 1:03 and faster
– Group B: 100 yd Freestyle – 1:04 and over
November 7: Race Strategy – 50’s
– Group A: 50 yd Freestyle – Boys 27.5 and faster, Girls 29.5 and faster
– Group B: 50 yd Freestyle – Boys 27.6 and over, Girls 29.6 and over
NOVEMBER 6: SWIMMING A FAST 100
Swimming a 100-yard race requires a unique strategy and planning for fast racing. Technique is tweaked to provide more power for the event, and taking advantage of the start and streamline off each wall has a larger impact. Trying to find the perfect balance between staying underwater, maintaining speed on the surface, and keeping a strong breathing pattern is difficult but doable!
- DISTANCE PER STROKE: One way to increase efficiency is to take fewer strokes. Counting the number of strokes and improving techniques to decrease that number will save energy. However, it may be faster to take more strokes per length depending on the event.
- TEMPO: Having a slower tempo allows swimmers to conserve energy by taking fewer strokes, while a faster tempo is exhausting but much faster. Changing tempo based on event distance and fatigue level will help participants swim as fast as possible.
- PACING: Pacing for races 100 yards or meters can be broken up in many ways. Our clinicians will present different strategies on how to swim 100s: Experimenting and learning new techniques will allow swimmers to improve their 100 in any event!
NOVEMBER 7: SWIMMING A FAST 50
The splash and dash! Swimming the 50 is all about perfectly executing the details of the race and swimming with explosive power. In this session, swimmers will work with our elite clinicians to find ways to be more explosive in their stroke technique and sprint faster in their shorter races!
- SPRINTING: Sprinting is all about swimming with “controlled aggression!” Our clinicians will demonstrate how to swim with power, while also being relaxed - having too much tension will make your swimmer slip in the water and slow down. Swimmers will observe how to tweak their stroke to make them quick yet efficient - increasing tempo, shortening the breath, and a strong connected kick will lead to an explosive race!
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers know how to weaponize their dolphin kicking. It is undeniably the fastest way to move through the water! Whether a swimmer dolphin kicks on their stomach, side, or back, understanding the importance of streamlined, underwater speed is vital for every swimmer!
- FINISHES: Races can be won or lost by hundredths of a second, and many races come down to the last few strokes. Swimmers will reinforce their kick to accelerate into the wall, time their stroke for a perfect arm extension, and keep their head down to out touch the competition.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask their clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe your clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Swim cap.