2021 High Performance Stroke Technique Camp
Sat, Sep, 18 2021 - Sun, Sep, 19 2021
1599 Palmer Dr, Defiance, OH 43512
High Performance Stroke Technique Camp-Sign up for one session or SAVE when you sign up for the special 2-day bundle!
This camp is designed to help strengthen swimmer’s technique and efficiency across all four strokes! Each day has a distinct curriculum designed to improve participants‘ stroke technique in all four strokes for a more efficient and faster stroke. On Saturday, participants will work on their Butterfly and Breaststroke technique. On Sunday, swimmers will focus on their Freestyle and Backstroke.
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
Session times (Both Days):
11 & Under: Check in 9 AM, Clinic 9:15- 11:45 AM
12 & Over: Check in 12:30 PM, Clinic 12:45-3:45 PM
These camps are designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
Participants will work with our clinicians to improve on the nuances of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Elite butterfliers and breaststrokers maintain forward momentum by using a powerful stroke with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breath timing, perfecting their distance per stroke, and maintaining a horizontal body position. Swimmers will work to make these habits their own!
- BODY POSITION: Elite butterfliers and breaststrokers focus on driving their momentum forward with minimal drag by keeping their heads low and hips high. The best swimmers in the world learn at a young age about the importance of being patient with their stroke and trusting their movements. Swimmers will work with our clinicians to cement these skills.
- KICK: Each butterfly stroke has two equally strong and well-timed kicks. Attendees will work on how and when to kick in fly for maximum speed. Our clinicians will also work with participants to polish up their kick resulting in the ultimate propulsion forward!
- PULL: Long and smooth strokes will allow swimmers to have a more efficient butterfly and breaststoke. Our clinicians will help participants get an early catch on the water for more power in each stroke.
- TIMING: A fast breaststroke and butterfly is all about the rhythm! The proper timing will make your stroke fast, smooth and less taxing on the body. Learn how our clinicians time their strokes for ultimate efficiency.
Begin to master the subtle skills that will help swimmers compete at a higher Freestyle and Backstroke level. Participants will practice using their core to create rotation as well as a stable and balanced stroke, build a powerful pull with a strategic use of stroke rate, and use their kick as a dominant propulsive force.
- BODY POSITION: Participants will reinforce good posture and engage their core to have a strong foundation for a faster freestyle and backstroke.
- ROTATION: The fastest backstrokers and freestylers in the world use a powerful rotation to create more power and increase their tempo. Discover how to finesse when to rotate and how to use it for maximum speed and power.
- KICK: A fast kick is the motor behind a swimmer's stroke! Participants will polish up their kicking to become stronger and faster through learning about both the technique and timing of each kick
- PULL: Participants will work on timing their catch for the greatest amount of pull possible.
At each session of this series, swimmers and parents are invited to ask the Elite Clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe the clinicians at each session swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Swim Cap!