Past Clinic: High Performance Racing Skills
Fri, Aug, 10 2018 - Sat, Aug, 11 2018
Pinedale Aquatic Center
535 North Tyler Avenue, Pinedale, WY 82941
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Pinedale, WY.
Cottonwood Heights Recreation CenterInfo
Over two days, two-time Olympian Chloe Sutton will be leading FOUR SESSIONS of clinics for competitive swimmers. Two sessions are going to focus on the short axis strokes: breaststroke and butterfly. Two other sessions will focus on long axis strokes: freestyle and backstroke.
Every participant will leave more prepared, knowledgable and as more confident competitive swimmers.
SAVE: Prices rise as we get closer to the clinic.
Sign up for one or BOTH sessions for your swimmer’s age group!
Session 1 & 3: Short Axis Strokes, Starts, and Open Turns
Chloe will work with participants in these sessions on the similarities between fly and breast as well as an explosvie dive and a quick open turn. These skills are often challenging to master due to the importance of timing and coordination! Work with Chloe at this clinic and improve in these areas of racing fast!
- SHORT AXIS STROKES: The short axis strokes are butterfly and breaststroke! These are very similar and challenging strokes to master due to the importance of high hips and an aggressive attack forward in each stroke. Chloe will work with swimmers on how to maintain the optimal body position a consistant rhythm so that your swimmer will improve their times in their butterfly and breaststroke races.
- FLAT STARTS: How you set up on the block including proper hand and foot placement can allow your swimmer to explode forward with a lot of explosive power. Chloe will work with each swimmer to find their best position on the block as well as how to launch their body forward into a tight streamline and enter through a small hole.
- OPEN TURNS: Think about the open turn differently! You don't turn around; you spin backwards! Spinning backwards enables you to carry momentum into the pushoff. Turning around is a process of stopping and going again. We're going to teach you how to cut a lot of time on this turn!
Session 2 & 4: Long Axis Strokes and Flip Turns
Learn technqiue to race faster in freestyle and backstroke from two-time Olympian Chloe Sutton. She will be in the water teaching drills and techniques for faster long axis strokes and how to gain more speed and momentum through every flip turn!
- LONG AXIS STROKES: Rotation, flutter kick, and head position are just 3 of the many similarities between freestyle and backstroke! Your swimmer will learn drills and skills to be able to understand the similarities between both of these strokes as well as how to improve them.
- FLIP TURNS: Your swimmer will learn how to carry their momentum through the turn to get in and out of every wall faster. Swimmers will practice accelerating into the wall with long strokes and then using their core and arms to get through the turn. They'll practice planting their feet on the wall for a powerful pushoff in the perfect streamline. Chloe will give the swimmers drills and exercises to help them master this athletic skill now as well as in the future!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Chloe questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into her training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Chloe swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo while wearing Chloe's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!