Past Clinic: High Performance Freestyle, Butterfly and Underwater Dolphin Kicking
Sun, Aug, 07 2016
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Columbus, OH.
Saline High SchoolInfo
Blairwood Tennis, Swim & Fitness ClubInfo
CSU Rec CenterInfo
Swimmers will learn the essential skills that will help them improve their Butterfly and Freestlye strokes. Both strokes use underwater dolphin kicking to transition into a fast breakout. These elite clinicians are going to teach these swimmers skills that they are able to use everyday in practice.
FREESTYLE: Freestylers have the widest range of distances to choose to race from, identify with these world class experts how to manage your breathing pattern, recovery and stroke length to suit your race distance. Beyond covering the essentials of a great bodyline and early vertical catch, in this clinic you learn the subtleties of how to transition from a longer hip driven stroke to a shorter more powerful shoulder driven stroke allowing you to create more power.
- BODY AND HEAD POSITION: Observe and practice how to position yourself for the smoothest freestyle.
- HIP ROTATION: Practice drills that will help you rotate more and extend your reach.
BUTTERFLY: Perfect the complexities of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Elite butterfliers maintain forward momentum by setting an immediate high catch with a perfectly timed kick. They are committed to a breathing pattern, perfecting their distance per stroke, and maintaining a horizontal body position - become committed to these same skills...make them YOUR habits.
- BODYLINE: Find your body's most effective position for the fastest butterfly!
- CHEST PRESS: Pressing your chest as you swim will allow for higher hips and the most efficient stroke rhythm! The Olympians will teach participants how to both achieve and maintain this motion for more forward movement.
- KICKING: Practice kicking two times per stroke in order to keep your body moving forward. This will make your stroke easier to maintain and keep your body moving forward.
UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: Absolutely, undeniably, the fastest way to move through the water! Whether you dolphin kick on your stomach, side or back, understanding the importance of streamlined, underwater speed is vital for every swimmer! Let our clinicians teach you how to make the most of your streamline and underwater kicking, as well as teach you drills on how to improve upon those skills.
- STREAMLINE: Underwater dolphin kicking is the fastest part of your race. Learn how to hold your streamline longer and tigher to take full advantage of your speed.
- UP AND DOWN KICK: Take advantage of every single kick for better training and racing! Learn to use the up AND down portion of the dolphin kick for better distance per kick.
- CHEST PRESS: Learn how to press your chest for a smoother and less taxing stroke. This will help you to continue forward progress even when you're fatigued!
HEAR FROM THE CLINICIANS:
- ASK QUESTIONS: Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Hear them talk and gain insight into their training regimen, diet, nutrition and recovery tactics.
- PERFORMANCE MINDSET: Get inside the mind of one of the best swimmers in the world. Vanderkaay and Magnuson will dissect their strokes and explain what they think about when they swim in practices and races.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN: Observe Vanderkaay and Magnuson swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast strokes.
GET UP AND RACE: Race some of the best swimmers in the world and watch their near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills he will teach you.
Take a photo while wearing clinicians' medals, get autographs, and pick up a full color Fitter & Faster Tour 2016-2017 Yearbook and a special welcome bag that contains gifts from our sponsors!
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up before tickets sell out!