Past Clinic: High Performance: Freestyle, Butterfly, and Racing Techniques
Sun, Apr, 19 2015
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Brunswick, ME.
Dedham Health & Athletic ComplexInfo
April 18th & 19th: High Performance Butterfly and Breaststroke Racing
Shaker High SchoolInfo
September 12th & 13th: High Performance Freestyle and Backstroke Racing
Shaker High SchoolInfo
New Fairfield High SchoolInfo
Advanced techniques, racing skills, and mental training will all be covered at this clinic focusing on the High Performance strokes of Chloe Sutton and Adam Brown. Sutton and Brown will cover techniques that they have mastered and can make a positive impact on all strokes. Some of these techniques include balance and maintaining a tight core while swimming. Participants will also learn the mental training side of swimming that will help produce results in and out of the water.
- FINDING BALANCE IN THE WATER: Sutton will break down how to balance in the water by pressing the chest, lengthening the body, and utilizing core strength.
- FEEL FOR THE WATER: Learn and practice how to find the pressure points on the hands and forearms to set up for a high elbow catch, which enables a swimmer to hold more water and move forward with greater power and efficiency.
- RECOVERY: Sutton will demonstrate how to lead with the elbow during the recovery – allowing for a powerful finish and relaxed, clean entry back into the water.
- EARLY CATCH: Having a great pull is all about maximizing the amount of water you can hold or catch during your stroke. Brown will focus on helping participants maximize the surface area of their forearm to elbow, by initiating the catch earlier in the stroke and engaging the shoulders and lats for a more powerful butterfly pull.
- HEAD POSITION AND BREATHING: While swimming butterfly the entire body should be moving forward and it begins by leading with the head. Brown will teach swimmers not to pick up the head to breathe and minimize the up and down movement during the breath phase.
- FAST AND EFFICIENT RECOVERY: At the end of the stroke, you snap your arms and hands out of the “back end” of your stroke. This allows you to use all of the power and momentum from your catch to your advantage and is the best way to keep a powerful and efficient recovery.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS: Observe Sutton and Brown swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast butterfly and freestyle.
GET UP AND RACE: Race two of the best swimmers in the world and watch their near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills they will teach you.
HEAR FROM CHLOE AND TIM:
- BODY AWARENESS: Practice key techniques on land that will directly transfer to the water. Learn to strengthen the muscles that are essential to establishing good body control.
- VISUALIZATION TO SUCCEED: Being able to see the perfect race is essential to becoming an elite swimmer. Learn how Sutton uses visualization techniques to achieve her highest goals.
- ASK QUESTIONS: Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the Olympians questions during a Q&A session. Hear the Olympians talk and gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
- PERFORMANCE MINDSET: Get inside the minds of two of the best swimmers in the world. Sutton and Brown will dissect their stroke and explain what they think about when they swim in practices and races.
Take a photo while wearing clinicians' medals, get autographs, and pick up a full color Fitter & Faster Tour 2015-2016 Yearbook and a special welcome bag that contains gifts from our sponsors!
Sign up before tickets sell out.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Maine provides guests with a friendly and inviting atmosphere, newly renovated accommodations and quality service. Visit our website Fairfieldinn.com/pwmbw or To reserve follow this link: http://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi