West Carrollton, OH
High Performance Butterfly and Breaststroke Blast-Off
Sat, Apr, 21 2018 - Sun, Apr, 22 2018
West Carrollton YMCA
900 South Alex Road, West Carrollton, OH 45449
Give your swimmer the opportunity to maximize their speed and power in both butterfly and breaststroke at this high performance swim clinic led by 2016 Olympian Kierra Smith! Practice drills, watch our elite clinician, and learn what it takes to race FASTER and drop time!
Kierra will teach at 2 sessions designed for swimmers of all ages and abilities:
Faster Butterfly and Breaststroke Racing Skills
Olympian Kierra Smith will be in the water at this high performance swim clinic demonstrating drills as well as the proper technique for the participants to help improve their understanding of stroke technique. Your swimmer will get the opportunity to learn new skills and drills through dedicated and focused practice in both butterfly and breaststroke.
Many swimmers consider butterfly the hardest stroke... It doesn't have to be! Learn how to swim more efficient and fast!
- Body Position: You should be like a skipping stone on the water, not lifting up too high or diving too deep. Maintain a horizontal body position
- Dolphin Kick: The technique and timing of when the kicks happen in the stroke can help your fly be smoother, easier, and faster!
- Arm Pull: Focus on an immediate and powerful press back on the water with an accelerateion through the pull. Stay relaxed on your recovery and entry for a cleaner stroke.
- Breath: The air on the surface of the water is just as good as the air a foot above the surface, but the air on the surface WILL allow you to swim faster! Breathe low!
Often one of the most challenging strokes to learn, breaststroke is highly technical. Swimmers of all ages and abilities will learn to improve on the key areas of the stroke so that they can drop time.
- Pull: Keep your pull small and strong! Maximize power while reducing drag with an effective arm pull!
- Kick: Knees close, feet wide, and hips high. A fast breaststroke kick allows you to jump off of the water with the inside of your feet. Kierra will help you achieve a more powerful kick!
- Timing: WHEN each component of breaststoke happens is the most important part. Glide, lunge, and snap into a faster breaststroke.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Kierra questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into her training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Kierra swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Take your strokes to top speed and get your heartrate up with Kierra Smith. Hold on to your form as long as possible to put your new skills to the test.
Take a photo while wearing Kierra's medals, get autographs, and receive a special gift from our sponsors!