Coral Springs, FL
High Performance Breaststroke and Butterfly Technique
Sun, Aug, 30 2015
Coral Springs, FL
The short-axis strokes, butterfly and breaststroke, require swimmers to maintain a consistent rhythm during the entire race. Clinicians Cammile Adams and Brad Craig will teach participants advanced techniques that they apply to their stroke during practice and competitions. Using drills, Adams and Craig will break down each phase of the stroke in order to teach swimmers what to focus and emphasize. Participants will also learn dryland exercises and mental strategies that will enhance their overall athleticism.
Custom Curriuclum - High Performance Breaststroke and Butterfly Technique, Coral Springs, FL
- EFFICIENT UNDULATION: While swimming butterfly it is essential to keep a small undulation, which allows swimmers to feel the connection between the top and the bottom of the stroke. Adams will teach drills that eliminate the large dolphin dive effect and concentrate of keeping a small, efficient undulation.
- RELAXED RECOVERY: Adams stressed the important of keeping the recovery of butterfly relaxed so the arms can be more powerful while pulling the water. Learn how to stay relaxed during the recovery from the initial exit of the hands until the hands reenter the water for the next stroke.
- POWERFUL KICK: Learning to utilize the up and down phases of the kick as well as kicking in the front and back of the stroke are essential to creating a fast butterfly. Adams will instruct swimmers on drills that will emphasize both phases of the kick in order to ensure the most effective stroke possible.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS: Observe Adams and Craig swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast butterfly and breaststroke.
GET UP AND RACE: Race two of the best swimmers in the world and watch their near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills they will teach you.
HEAR FROM CAMMILE AND BRAD
- BODY AWARENESS: Practice key techniques on land that will directly transfer to the water. Find the optimal body line and learn to strengthen the muscles that are essential to establishing good body control.
- BREASTSTROKE FLEXIBILITY: Learn a variety of exercises that will keep the core breaststroke muscles flexibile to allow for a greater range of motion and increased efficiency.
- PERFORMANCE MINDSET: Get inside the minds of two of the best swimmers in the world. Donahue and Craig will dissect their stroke and explain what they think about when they swim in practices and races.
- ASK QUESTIONS: Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Hear the clinicians talk and gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
- WHAT ARE THEY THINKING: Get inside the minds of two of the best swimmers in the world. Adams and Craig will dissect their stroke and explain what they think about when they swim in practices and races.
WIN A PRIVATE LESSON! One participant who signs up before July 14th will win a free 1/2 hour private swim clinic with Olympian Cammile Adams at the event's conclusion!. Winner can invite two friends. Winner will be announced at the clinic.
Take a photo while wearing clinicians' medals, get autographs, and pick up a full color Fitter & Faster Tour 2015-2016 Yearbook and a special welcome bag that contains gifts from our sponsors!
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up before tickets sell out.
Each FFT clinic is designed to focus on the unique strengths and experiences of the clinicians at that specific clinic. That's why participants have been to three, four or five and more FFT clinics throughout the country.