Past Clinic: Get the Swim Moves Like Jaeger
Sat, May, 05 2018 - Sun, May, 06 2018
Dr. Thomas F. Frist Centennial Sportsplex
222 25th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37203
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Nashville, TN.
Dynamo Swim ClubInfo
At this swim clinic, Olympic medalist Connor Jaeger will be in the water teaching participants the technique that will take their swimming to the next level! Connor is a very technical swimmer who specializes in teaching swimmers of all ages and abilities what they need to know to drop time!
Connor will be in the water to lead three sessions designed for swimmers of all ages and ability levels:
11 & UNDER: Starts & Underwater Dolphin Kicking
Blast off the blocks, into underwater dolphin kick, and breakout ahead of the competition at this swim clinic designed to help competitive swimmers improve upon the key details that are essential to fast starts. Olympic medalist Connor Jaeger will teach all participants the drills that they need to practice to master these skills.
- STARTS: Get off the blocks faster and with more speed and power by learning the techniques of Olympic medalist Connor Jaeger! Your swimmer will learn to set up on the blocks in a position that will allow them to explode forward. Make sure to be fuly engaged in the air as you throw your hands forward into a tight streamline. Your swimmer will learn drills and exercises that will help make them faster at this clinic!
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers in the world dolphin kick off of their walls and breakout ahead of the competition. It's not as hard as you think. Connor will help swimmers improve their technique as well as commit to a number of kicks off of every wall so that they can imporve their underwaters now as well as in the future.
12 & OVER: Relay Starts, Flutter Kicking, and Breakouts
Your team is counting on you! Learn the essential components of having a fast AND legal relay start so that you and your teammates can stand on top of the medal podium. Olympic medlaist Connor Jaeger will also teach participants how to have an efficient flutter kick and breakout.
- RELAY STARTS: Your swimmer will learn to set up on the blocks in a position that will allow them to explode forward. Timing is everything! You want your feet to leave the block the moment that your teammate touches the wall. Nail the arm swing and make sure to be fuly engaged in the air as you throw your hands forward into a tight streamline. Get your whole relay team to sign up to master this challenging and athletic skill.
- FLUTTER KICKING: How much should you bend your knees? Which direction of your kick gets more power? These questions and more will be answered by Olympic freestyler Connor Jaeger. He will be in the water with participants working on maximizing the speed and power of your flutter kick.
- BREAKOUT: The breakout happens so fast in a race, it is often overlooked! Learn to stay streamlined, tight, and strong as you begin your first stroke. Keep your head down and pay attention to your depth. You won't believe the difference that a great breakout makes when you do it correctly.
MASTERS/ADULT - Freestyle
Freestyle is the most technical stroke. Connor Jaeger will be in the water teaching both basic foundations of technique all the way to challenging drills designed to help you approach technique differently at this high performance swim clinic. Skills will include:
- Bodyline: Your freestyle will never be fast without a strong bodyline. Learn to maintain good posture and engage your core to have a foudation for a stronger and faster freestyle.
- Kick: Become a more efficient kicker through learning about both the technique and timing of each kick from an Olympic medalist.
- Pull: The freestyle arm pull has 5 parts. The goal is to be as efficient as possible in pushing your body past your hand. You will learn to get more out of every stroke through achieving a long extension, high elbow catch, and powerful finish.
- Rotation: Learn to utilize your rotation for more connection and power out of every stroke and every kick.
- Breath: Connor will show you how to make each breath more efficient for faster freestyle racing no matter what distance.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Connor questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into his training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Connor swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo while wearing Connor's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!