Past Clinic: Freestyle Frenzy and Slay the DRAGon
Sun, Apr, 15 2018
Geneseo Middle and High School
4050 Avon Rd, Geneseo, NY 14454
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Geneseo, NY.
Hagerty Family Events Center (David Hallman III Aquatics Center)Info
Keystone Aquatic CenterInfo
Hollidaysburg Area High SchoolInfo
This clinic has been postponed due to the ice storm. The new date will be announced very soon!
Learn how to swim faster with less effort at this high performance swim clinic with National Champion Laura Sogar! She will be in the water teaching participants drills and skills that will help them drop time!
Laura will be leading two sessions for swimmers of all ages and abilities:
11 & Under: High Performance Freestyle Technqiue
Freestyle is the most technical stroke and it is also the stroke that you swim more than any other. Laura Sogar will be in the water teaching both basic foundations of technique all the way to challenging drills designed to help your swimmer approach technique differently at this high performance swim clinic. Skills will include:
- Bodyline: Your freestyle will never be fast without a strong bodyline. Your swimmer will learn to maintain good posture and engage their core to have a foudation for a stronger and faster freestyle.
- Kick: Become a stronger and faster kicker through learning about both the technqiue and timing of each kick from a National Champion.
- Pull: The goal is to be as efficient as possible in pushing your body past your hand. Your swimmer will learn to get more out of every stroke by grabbing onto the water with more efficient strokes.
- Rotation: Your swimmer will learn to utilize their rotation form more connection and power out of every stroke and every kick.
- Breath: All swimmers know to keep one goggle in and one goggle out when they take a breath, but do they know when and how long to breathe? Laura will show you how to make each breath more efficient for faster freestyle racing no matter what distance.
12 & Older: Slay the DRAGon
Reducing drag is imperative if you want to move through the water quickly and efficiently. Finding a streamlined body position will help you reduce the water resistance so that you go faster! At this clinic, National Champion Laura Sogar will teach participants how to maximize their speed by becoming more hydrodynamic! Slay the DRAGon in your:
- Turn Push-Offs:
- AND in your Strokes!:
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Laura questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into her training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics. Use Laura's story as inspiration for your swimmer to feel empowered to continue to chase their goals.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Laura swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Practice what you've learned by taking your stroke to your top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! Hold on to your form while having the opportunity to challenge yourself.
Take a photo while wearing Laura's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!