Oklahoma City, OK
Past Clinic: High Performance Freestyle and Open Water
Sat, Jun, 02 2018
The Lighthouse Pool
3333 W Hefner Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73120
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Oklahoma City, OK.
Is your freestyle as FAST as it could be?!
At this high performance swim clinic, each participant will learn a fast and efficient freestyle stroke and get an introduction to open water swimming from two-time Olympian Chloe Sutton! Participants will learn new drills and techniques to help them race faster and have the opportunity to relate to an Olympian’s journey of ups and downs to serve as inspiration in their own swimming career.
Chloe will be leading two sessions for swimmers of all ages and abilities (including masters swimmers and triathletes) On Saturday June 2nd. Every participant will leave feeling more confident in their technique and empowered to chase their goals!
High Performance Freestyle Technique
Freestyle is the most technical stroke and it is also the stroke that you swim more than any other. Chloe Sutton will be in the water teaching drills designed to help your swimmer approach technique differently and drop time at this high performance swim clinic. Skills will include:
- Bodyline: Your freestyle will never be fast without a strong bodyline. Your swimmer will learn to maintain good posture, proper head position, and engage their core to have a foudation for a stronger and faster freestyle.
- Kick: Become a stronger and faster kicker through learning about both the technqiue and timing of each kick from a two-time Olympian.
- Pull: The freestyle arm pull has 5 parts. The goal is to be as efficient as possible in pushing your body past your hand. Your swimmer will learn to get more out of every stroke!
- Rotation: Your swimmer will learn to utilize their rotation to create more connection and power out of every stroke and every kick.
- Breath: All swimmers know to keep one goggle in and one goggle out when they take a breath, but do they know when and how long to breathe? Chloe will show you how to make each breath more efficient for faster freestyle racing no matter what distance.
Introduction to Open Water Strategy
Open water swimming is a fun and exciting opportunity to challenge yourself in a brand new way! Stop looking at the clock and worrying about your times; in the open water, there are no times, just racing! Learn about sighting, turning, drafting, and strategy so that you can jump into lakes and oceans confident and ready to race! You will get to practice these skills in the pool with open water Olympian Chloe Sutton!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Chloe questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Chloe swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Practice what you've learned by taking your stroke to your top speed with two of the best swimmers in the world! Hold on to your form while having the opportunity to challenge yourself.
Take a photo while wearing the Chloe's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!