Past Clinic: Fast Freestyle, Butterfly and Underwater Dolphin Kicking
Sat, Aug, 06 2016
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Columbus, OH.
Saturday: Center Grove High SchoolInfo
West Carrollton YMCAInfo
Ashland Area YMCAInfo
Hollidaysburg Area High SchoolInfo
Crawfordsville Aquatic CenterInfo
Countryside YMCA | LebanonInfo
Northridge High SchoolInfo
Fair Valley Swim and Tennis ClubInfo
CSU Rec CenterInfo
Swimmers will learn the essential skills that will help them improve their Butterfly and Freestlye strokes. Both strokes use underwater dolphin kicking to transition into a fast breakout. These elite clinicians are going to teach these swimmers skills that they are able to use everyday in practice.
FREESTYLE: We swim freestyle more than any other stroke in training, instead of tuning out on technique use our coaches to inspire you to make each stroke you take count. Begin by setting up a great bodyline, learning drills to establish high elbows in both your powerful catch and your relaxed recovery and commit to a six beat kick. We know that the breath can slow even some of the most accomplished freestylers down, learn to perfect not only your timing but also how to take a low and quicker breath.
- BODY AND HEAD POSITION: Observe and practice how to position yourself for the smoothest freestyle.
- HIP ROTATION: Practice drills that will help you rotate more and extend your reach.
BUTTERFLY: Butterfly, more than any other stroke relies on rhythm and momentum; take advantage of the expertise our clinicians will share with you to learn balance, timing and how to create forward momentum.
- BODYLINE: Find your body's most effective position for the fastest butterfly!
- CHEST PRESS: Pressing your chest as you swim will allow for higher hips and the most efficient stroke rhythm! The Olympians will teach participants how to both achieve and maintain this motion for more forward movement.
- KICKING: Practice kicking two times per stroke in order to keep your body moving forward. This will make your stroke easier to maintain and keep your body moving forward.
UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest way to move through the water! Whether you dolphin kick on your stomach, side or back, understanding the importance of streamlined, underwater speed is vital for every swimmer! Let our clinicians teach you how to make the most of your streamline and underwater kicking, as well as teach you drills on how to improve upon those skills.
- STREAMLINE: Underwater dolphin kicking is the fastest part of your race. Learn how to hold your streamline longer and tigher to take full advantage of your speed.
- UP AND DOWN KICK: Take advantage of every single kick for better training and racing! Learn to use the up AND down portion of the dolphin kick for better distance per kick.
HEAR FROM THE CLINICIANS:
- ASK QUESTIONS: Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Hear them talk and gain insight into their training regimen, diet, nutrition and recovery tactics.
- PERFORMANCE MINDSET: Get inside the mind of one of the best swimmers in the world. Vanderkaay and Magnuson will dissect their strokes and explain what they think about when they swim in practices and races.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN: Observe Vanderkaay and Magnuson swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast strokes.
GET UP AND RACE: Race some of the best swimmers in the world and watch their near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills he will teach you.
Take a photo while wearing clinicians' medals, get autographs, and pick up a full color Fitter & Faster Tour 2016-2017 Yearbook and a special welcome bag that contains gifts from our sponsors!
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up before tickets sell out!
Each FFT clinic is designed to focus on the unique strengths and experiences of the clinicians at that specific clinic. That's why participants have been to three, four or five and more FFT clinics throughout the country!