Past Clinic: Explosive Starts, Breakouts and Mental Strategy
Sat, Apr, 16 2016
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Delmar, NY.
STARTS: Set the tone for a great race with a powerful, streamlined and fast start. There are countless intricacies to performing a great start and you only get better with practice; Elaine Breeden and Markus Rogan will share stories on how they found time to practice and improve their starts both in and out of the water and then they'll teach you some of their favorite strategies on how to execute this explosive and athletic movement.
- ENTRY: Work on eliminating water resistance for the tightest possible entry.
- HAND PLACEMENT FOR FLAT STARTS: Elaine and Markus will show you exactly where to place your hands on the block so that you can pull with your arms on the start.
- FOOT PLACEMENT FOR BACKSTROKE STARTS: Who doesn't hate when their feet slip on the start? We'll help you understand where to place your feet, and why, so you reduce the chances of slipping feet.
- REACTION TIME: The quicker you react the quicker you'll get in the water! Learn the secrets of improving your reaction time.
BREAKOUTS: Carrying the speed from your start into the first stroke cycle is crucial for maintaining momentum. Head position, timing and knowing the rules are important skills you'll leave more confident in.
- TIMING: An efficient breakout off the start and turn helps you to maintain your speed off the wall. Practice drills and technique to improve your timing for a smoother breakout.
- STRENGTH: Learn exercises that will help increase agility, speed and explosiveness off the walls and break.
MENTAL STRATEGY: Get inside the minds of some of the most elite athletes in the world to hear how they prepare immediately prior to, on race day, as well as the months and years preceding their championship meets.
- VISUALIZION: Learn how the best swimmers in the world visualize their races and plan for success. Participants will learn how to mentally approach their race hours, days and even weeks in advance.
- COMPOSURE: Knowing how to execute a proper race plan even when the stakes are high is a practiced skill. Swimmers will learn how to manage their race plans even under stress.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS: Observe Markus and Elaine swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful and efficient starts and breakouts.
GET UP AND RACE: Race two of the best swimmers in the world and watch their near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills they will teach you.
ASK QUESTIONS: Swimmers and parents are invited to ask the clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, nutrition and recovery tactics.
Inquisitive, Educated Swimmers are Faster Swimmers! Sign up today!
Take a photo while wearing clinicians' medals, get autographs, and pick up a full color Fitter & Faster Tour 2015-2016 Yearbook and a special welcome bag that contains gifts from our sponsors!