2021 Explosive Performance: Starts and Turns
Sat, Oct, 09 2021 - Sun, Oct, 10 2021
88 Remick Blvd, Springboro, OH 45066
October 9 & 10, 2021: Explosive Performance- Starts & Turns Camp – Sign up for individual sessions or SAVE when you purchase a Bundle!
This swim camp will cover a lot of ground over 2 days and will benefit competitive swimmers of all ages and abilities. Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
Saturday,October 9: Explosive Starts, Underwaters & Breakouts.
Sunday, October 10: Fast Flip turns, Open turns, & Finishes
This clinic will be held by Olympians Joao de Lucca and Grigory Tarasevich. Both will share the same drills and techniques they used to become some of the fastest swimmers in the world!
Scroll down to read more about the curriculum!
Session Times (Both Days)
9 & Over: Check in 8 AM, Clinic 8:15-10:45 AM
12 & Over: Check in 11:15 AM, Clinic 11:30-2:30 PM
These camps are designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
DAY 1 (SATURDAY): STARTS & UNDERWATERS
The start sets up a swimmers race. The more power off the block the better! There are countless intricacies to performing an explosive start, followed by an efficient and dominating underwater. Olympians Joao de Lucca and Grigory Tarasevichhas have spent countless hours practicing starts and underwater dolphin kicking and will work with swimmers on how to be explosive and efficient with each movement.
- STARTS: Joao and Grigory work with swimmers to find their best position on the block as well as how to powerfully launch off into a tight streamline. Swimmers will also discover their optimal reaction time to get off the blocks fast and ahead of their competition.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers know how to weaponize their underwater. It's the fastest way to move through the water! Understanding the importance of streamlined underwater speed is vital for every level of swimmer.
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the power created during their underwaters. Participants will work on timing their breakouts to accelerate to explode into the lap.
DAY 2 (SUNDAY): TURNS & FINISHES
Focusing on having faster turns is an easy way to drop time and win close races. Elite swimmers maintain their momentum through a quick turn and powerfully push off every wall. Joao de Lucca and Grigory Tarasevich will lead participants through a series of drills to have compact, fast turns in any race.
- FLIP TURNS: Swimmers will identify and work on what techniques carry their momentum through the turn to get in and out of every wall faster. Participants will also practice accelerating into the wall, using their core and arms to get through the turn, and planting the feet on the wall for a powerful push off in the perfect streamline.
- OPEN TURNS: Swimmers should not just go through the motions of an open turn; if they’re doing this, they are actually stopping and then trying to regain speed. An expertly executed open turn involves carrying momentum from one lap into the next. Swimmers will work with Joao and Grigory to nail an efficient and quick open turn.
- FINISHES: Races can be won or lost by hundredths of a second, and many races come down to the last few strokes. Swimmers will reinforce their kick to accelerate into the wall, time their stroke for a perfect arm extension, and keep their head down to out touch the competition.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into his training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe the clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photos with the clincians, get autographs, and a FREE Fitter and Faster Swim Cap!