Past Clinic: Butterfly Blastoff
Sat, Mar, 24 2018
151 Hyde Parkway, Palmyra, NY 14522
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Palmyra, NY.
The Ethel Walker SchoolInfo
Hagerty Family Events Center (David Hallman III Aquatics Center)Info
Keystone Aquatic CenterInfo
Hollidaysburg Area High SchoolInfo
Most swimmers don’t know the proper technique for a fast AND relaxed butterfly. Learn from one of the FASTEST butterflyers in the world: National Champion Tom Luchsinger and see your butterfly times improve.
Tom will lead two sessions designed for competitive swimmers of all ages and ability levels.
Butterfly does not have to be the hardest stroke. In fact, the fastest butterflyers in the world have developed the technique necessary to swim fast AND relaxed. Tom will teach detailed technique and drills to help the participants improve now and in the future.
- Body Position: Stay horizontal in the water and close to the surface to reduce drag and maximize your speed.
- Arm Pull: Extend your arms forward and then utilize a strong catch with vertical forearms to put the pressure on the water in the correct direction
- Kick: How much should you bend your knees in your butterfly? Tom will help each partcipant feel the proper fly kick technique.
- Breath: Most swimmers struggle with how to keep their breath as low as possible. Trust in Tom and work on keeping your chin in the water when you take a breath.
- Body Position: Timing: Timing is everything in butterfly. The way that the kick, pull, and breath work together will take a good butterflyer to a great racer!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Tom questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into his training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Tom swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Practice what you've learned by swimming at top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! Hold on to your form while having the opportunity to challenge yourself.
Take a photo while wearing the Tom's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!