Beast-Mode Butterfly and Breaststroke
Sat, Apr, 28 2018
Nansemond Swim Club
8907 Eclipse Drive, Suffolk, VA 23433
Racing fast is not just about what you do between the flags, it’s also about what happens between your ears. At this high performance swim clinic, not only will National Champion Laura Sogar go over technqiue for a faster butterfly and breaststroke, but she will also teach participants how to set goals, be mentally strong, and nutrition!
Laura will be in the water teaching 2 sessions designed for swimmers of all ages and abilities. Sign up today!
Faster Butterfly and Breaststroke Racing Nutrition, Mental Strength, and Goal Setting
National Champion Laura Sogar will teach your swimmer the KEY components to enhance your overall race performance in specific areas of both butterfly and breaststroke as well as improving nutrition, mental strength, and goal setting!
- BUTTERFLY: Butterfly does NOT have to be the hardest stroke. As an elite swimmer, Laura Sogar knows the key components to swimming an efficient butterfly stroke. Laura will teach her favorite drills and exercises to help each participant find an efficient butterfly pull, powerful kicks, and a well timed breath. She has perfected her form to become one of the fastest in the world and she will ensure that your swimmer will leave with more knowledge and confidence in their butterfly stroke!
- BREASTSTROKE: Breaststroke is the most challenging stroke to master technically. The strategies for proper form in breaststroke require an efficient pull, a powerful kick, proper timing, and an aggressive attack forward each stroke. Laura will help each participant understand what perfect form feels like and she will also teach drills and exercises to practice these skills so that your swimmer can continue to improve now and in the future.
- NUTRITION: Nutrition has an enormous impact on a swimmer's performance. Without enough energy or calories coming in, you cannot expect your body to respond quickly to the high demand of our sport. Parents and athletes need to understand the relationship between what you eat and how well you perform.
- MENTAL STRENGTH: Swimming is a very hard sport where the athletes expeirence a lot of ups and downs. Laura knows very well how to get back up and continue fighting to race faster! Learn from a strong role model and get tougher!
- GOAL SETTING: Setting effective goals has specific strategies to be more effective. Laura is a National Champion as well as a successful business woman due to her ability to set goals and achieve them!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Laura questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into her training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Laura swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
GET UP AND RACE
Race one of the best swimmers in the world and watch her near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills she will teach you.
Take a photo while wearing clinician's medals, get autographs, and receive a special gift from our sponsors!