Past Clinic: Beast-Mode Breaststroke and Super Speedy Sprinting
Sat, Apr, 07 2018
Twinsburg Health and Wellness
10084 Ravenna Road, Twinsburg, OH 44087
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Twinsburg, OH.
Countryside YMCA | LebanonInfo
Northridge High SchoolInfo
Fair Valley Swim and Tennis ClubInfo
Ontario, Canada (Two Locations)Info
CSU Rec CenterInfo
Improve your technique and drop time at this high performance clinic taught by National Champion Laura Sogar! Participants at this event will learn technique for faster racing and leave fitter, faster, and more inquisitive.
Laura will teach at 2 sessions designed for swimmers of all ages and abilities. Sign up for the approriate session today:
11 & Under Session - Beast-Mode Breaststroke
Breaststroke is the most challenging stroke to master. Laura will help each participant understand what perfect form feels like and she will also teach them drills and exercises to practice these skills. Your swimmer will learn:
- The proper pulling technique:
- How to achieve a powerful kick:
- What good timing looks and feels like:
- Which muscles to engage:
- How to attack forward each stroke:
12 & Over Curriculum: Super Speedy Sprinting
This clinic is designed to help swimmers of all ages and abilities unlock their explosive abilities. Learn from a National Champion the technqiues, strategies, and skills that your swimmer must know in order to sprint at a higher level!
- Sprint Racing Strategy: National Champion Laura Sogar will work with your swimmer so that they can find the right formula for success. Focus on achieving the right balance of distance per stroke and tempo so that your swimmer will get more out of every stroke and drop more time in every race.
- Explosive Power: There are several key areas in your swimmer's race where explosive power and reaction time can mean the difference between reaching your goals or just missing them. They will learn how to achieve a fast and powerful attack exactly when it counts.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Laura questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into her training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Laura swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
GET UP AND RACE
Race one of the best swimmers in the world and watch her near-flawless technique - achieved by practicing the same drills she will teach you.
Take a photo while wearing clinician's medals, get autographs, and receive a special gift from our sponsors!