Past Clinic: High Performance Breaststroke and Starts
Sat, Jun, 02 2018 - Sun, Jun, 03 2018
Two Locations: Oak Square YMCA & Charles River YMCA
615 Washington St, Brighton, MA 02135
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Brighton, MA.
New Fairfield High SchoolInfo
Raritan Valley Community CollegeInfo
Stony Brook University - Campus Recreation CenterInfo
Chelsea Piers Aquatic CenterInfo
Shaker High SchoolInfo
Charles River AquaticsInfo
MULTIPLE SESSIONS! Choose from “Beast-Mode Breaststroke” and “Rock the Blocks” OR BOTH!
Your swimmer has so much they can learn from Olympian Clark Burckle. Sign up today and DROP TIME!
Sign up for one of both sessions for your swimmer’s age group today! Please note that there are two different locations: one for Saturday and one for Sunday. Olympian Clark Burckle will be in the water for BOTH!
Saturday: Brighton, MA at Oak Square YMCA - Technique for Faster Breaststroke Racing
The ideal breaststroke is when you're swimming the stroke with rhythm, grace and taking very few strokes per length. Too many swimmers ((at all levels)) have their arms and legs literally fighting each other while swimming breaststroke - thus leading to poor efficiency and much slower times than they should achieve!
- The proper pulling technique
- How to achieve a powerful kick
- What proper timing looks and feels like
- Which muscles to engage at every part of the stroke
- How to attack forward to drive your momentum
Sunday: Needham, MA at Charles River YMCA - Elite Starts, Underwater Dolphin Kicking, abd Breakouts
This session is all about the start of each race. Clark will begin by going over proper positioning on the blocks, then he will teach the participants drills to maximize the quickness of their reaction time, power as they leave the block, and streamline as they enter. Your swimmer will also learn to improve underwater dolphin kicking as well as a clean breakout.
- DIVE: Get off the blocks faster and with more speed and power by learning the techniques of Clark Burckle! Your swimmer will learn to set up on the blocks in a position that will allow them to explode forward. Make sure to be fuly engaged in the air as you throw your hands forward into a tight streamline.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers in the world dolphin kick off of their walls and breakout ahead of the competition. It's not as hard as you think. Clark will help swimmers improve their technique as well as commit to a number of kicks off of every wall so that they can improve their underwaters now as well as in the future.
- BREAKOUTS: Learn how to cary momentum from the underwater dolphin kicks into the breakout by timing the first stroke and staying streamlined. Your swimmer will practice keeping their head down and it will make a big difference in their breakout!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Clark questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into his training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Clark swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves
Take a photo while wearing Clark's medals, get autographs, and a gift from TYR Sport!