2021 High Performance Swim Camp Series
Sat, Nov, 27 2021 - Sun, Nov, 28 2021
2800 Kettering Dr, Waterford, MI 48329
November 27-28, 2021: Comprehensive Turns Camp – SAVE more by signing up for multiple sessions across multiple camps and/or for multiple swimmers!
Did you know that the fastest that a swimmer is ever moving through the water (other than the start) is during every turn? Swimmers will work with Elite Clinician Ali DeLoof to transition their momentum and power into and out of every wall. Turns are an easy way to drop time! Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
Saturday, November 27: Flip Turns, Underwater Dolphin Kicking, Breakouts
Sunday, November 28: Open Turns, Breaststroke Pullouts & Finishes
Session Times (All Days):
11 & Under: Check in 10 AM, Clinic 10:15-12:45 PM
12 & Over: Check in 1:30 PM, Clinic 1:45-4:45 PM
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
Our elite clinicians will lead two sessions at each camp for each age group. This series is recommended for swimmers with at least one year of competitive swimming experience. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not recommended without their coach’s approval.
NOVEMBER 27: FLIP TURNS & UNDERWATERS
Focusing on having faster turns is an easy way to drop time and win close races. Elite swimmers maintain their momentum through a quick turn and have a powerful push off every wall. Ali has spent countless hours practicing flip turns and underwater dolphin kicking and will show your swimmer how to be explosive and efficient with each movement.
- FLIP TURNS: Swimmers will identify and work on what techniques carry their momentum through the turn to get in and out of every wall faster. Participants will also practice accelerating into the wall, using their core and arms to get through the turn, and planting the feet on the wall for a powerful push off in the perfect streamline.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: Many swimmers go through the motions of dolphin kicking without creating much power. At this session, clinicians will work with each swimmer to learn the proper muscle activations, size, and frequency of their underwater dolphin so that they can accelerate through the breakout!
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the power created during their underwaters. Participants will work on timing their breakouts to accelerate into the lap!
NOVEMBER 28: OPEN TURNS & FINISHES
Swimmers will identify and work on what techniques carry their momentum through the turn to get in and out of every wall faster. Participants will practice accelerating into the wall, using their core and arms to get through the turn, and planting the feet on the wall for a powerful push off in the perfect streamline. They will follow up with discovering faster ways on how to break a streamline into a strong underwater pullout.
- OPEN TURNS: Swimmers should not just go through the motions of an open turn; if they’re doing this, they are actually stopping and then trying to regain speed. An expertly executed open turn involves carrying momentum from one lap into the next. Swimmers will work with our clinicians to nail an efficient and quick open turn.
- BREASTSTROKE PULLOUTS: The best breaststrokers are faster under the water than on the surface! Swimmers will polish up the components and sequence of movements that make up a fast underwater breaststroke pullout.
- FINISHES: Races can be won or lost by hundredths of a second, and many races come down to the last few strokes. Swimmers will reinforce their kick to accelerate into the wall, time their stroke for a perfect arm extension, and keep their head down to out touch the competition.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask their clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe your clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster swim cap!