2021 High Performance Swim Camp Series
Sat, Apr, 10 2021 - Sun, Sep, 19 2021
Snohomish Aquatic Center
516 Maple Ave, Snohomish, WA 98290
September 18-19, 2021
Explosive Performance: Starts & Turns Camp – Sign up for individual sessions or SAVE when you purchase a Bundle!
The fastest that your swimmer is ever moving through the water is after the start and after every turn! Saturday: the curriculum will focus on explosive starts and powerful underwater dolphin kicking. Sunday, participants will work on accelerating through every flip turn and open turn into a well-timed finish.
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
Day 1 (September 18):
Group A – Check In 9:45 AM, Clinic 10-12:30 PM
Group B – Check In 1:30 PM, Clinic 1:45-4:45 PM
Day 2 (September 19):
Group A – Check In 9 AM, Clinic 9:15-11:45 AM
Group B – Check In 12:30 PM, 12:45-3:45 PM
September Explosive Performance: Starts & Turns Camp
– Group A: Ages 12 & Over
– Group B: Ages 11 & Under
September’s camp is designed for swimmers with a minimum of one-year of competitive swimming experience all the way up to AAAA times and faster. Swimmers younger than 9 years old are not invited without submitting their times or swimming history to Fitter and Faster.
SEPTEMBER 18: STARTS & UNDERWATERS
The start sets up a swimmers race. The more power off the block the better! There are countless intricacies to performing an explosive start, followed by an efficient and dominating underwater. Roland Schoeman has spent countless hours practicing starts and underwater dolphin kicking and will work with swimmers on how to be explosive and efficient with each movement.
- STARTS: Roland will work with swimmers to find their best position on the block as well as how to powerfully launch off into a tight streamline. Swimmers will also discover their optimal reaction time to get off the blocks fast and ahead of their competition.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: The fastest swimmers know how to weaponize their underwater. It's the fastest way to move through the water! Understanding the importance of streamlined underwater speed is vital for every level of swimmer.
- BREAKOUTS: Many swimmers add movement within their breakout that creates drag and destroys all of the power created during their underwaters. Participants will work on timing their breakouts to accelerate to explode into the lap.
SEPTEMBER 19: TURNS & FINISHES
Focusing on having faster turns is an easy way to drop time and win close races. Elite swimmers maintain their momentum through a quick turn and powerfully push off every wall. The clinicians will lead participants through a series of drills to have compact, fast turns in any race.
- FLIP TURNS: Swimmers will identify and work on what techniques carry their momentum through the turn to get in and out of every wall faster. Participants will also practice accelerating into the wall, using their core and arms to get through the turn, and planting the feet on the wall for a powerful push off in the perfect streamline.
- OPEN TURNS: Swimmers should not just go through the motions of an open turn; if they’re doing this, they are actually stopping and then trying to regain speed. An expertly executed open turn involves carrying momentum from one lap into the next. Swimmers will work with the clinicians to nail an efficient and quick open turn.
- FINISHES: Races can be won or lost by hundredths of a second, and many races come down to the last few strokes. Swimmers will reinforce their kick to accelerate into the wall, time their stroke for a perfect arm extension, and keep their head down to out touch the competition.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask their clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe your clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Swim cap!