2021 High Performance Swim Camp Series
Sat, May, 22 2021 - Sun, Aug, 15 2021
Colorado Athletic Club Inverness (Outdoor)
374 Inverness Pkwy, Englewood, CO 80112
Race Strategy Camp: The IMs– SAVE by signing up both days of one camp or multiple days across multiple camps!
This swim camp is designed for competitive swimmers to enhance their ability to execute race strategies for individual medley races.
Session sizes are limited to no more than 24 participants to ensure the highest level learning experience!
Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
Session Times (All Sessions):
Group B: Check in 9 AM, Clinic 9:15-11:15 AM
Group A: Check in 12 PM, Clinic 12:15-2:45 PM
The clinicians will lead two sessions per camp for each group based on time standards.
August 14-15: Race Strategy Camp: The IMs
– Group A: 100 yd IM 1:15 and faster -OR- 200 yd IM 2:40 and faster
– Group B: 100 yd IM 1:16 and over -OR- 200 yd IM 2:41 and over
Fast racing is all in the details. Over two days, swimmers will focus on each component of racing fast in the IM! Saturday will cover strategy and pacing for the butterfly and backstroke legs, underwater dolphin kicking, and open turns. on Sunday, participants will work on finishing strong in the breaststroke and freestyle legs of the IM, breaststroke pullouts, and back to breast transitions. This camp will be led by National Champion John Shebat and Austin Surhoff!
AUGUST 14: BUTTERFLY & BACKSTROKE IM STRATEGY
Go out hard or go out strong? Fast or EZ speed? John Shebat and Austin Surhoff will help participants to understand the proper pacing for butterfly and backstroke so that they can race faster in any of their IM races. They will also work with the swimmers on underwater dolphin kicking and open turns to get in and out of every wall faster!
- BUTTERFLY to BACKSTROKE IM STRATEGY: In this session, John will work with participants to find the right balance of rhythm, length, and power to maximize the speed of the butterfly and backstroke legs of their IM. They will help swimmers understand themselves better so that they can start fast without spending all of their energy. This is a very strategic skill that can make a big difference in a swimmer's IM.
- UNDERWATER DOLPHIN KICKING: Many swimmers go through the motions of dolphin kicking without creating much power. At this session, John and Austin will work with each swimmer to learn the proper muscle activations, size, and frequency of their underwater dolphin so that they can accelerate through the breakout in both the butterfly and backstroke legs.
- OPEN TURNS: Swimmers will work on how to transition their momentum from the butterfly leg into their backstroke leg. If swimmers go through the motions of an open turn or have bad technique, they can lose valuable time in a race.
AUGUST 15: BREASTSTROKE & FREESTYLE IM STRATEGY
Finishing strong is so important to racing a fast IM. This session is all about the pacing and strategy on the last half of the IM, breaststroke pullouts, and working on transitions from back to breast so that swimmers have the technique and back half speed to finish a race!
- BREASTSTROKE to FREESTYLE IM STRATEGY: Building speed through the back half of an IM is all about understanding how to increase tempo while maintaining length. John and Austin will work with participants to play with their tempo and length in both breaststroke and freestyle for a more efficient finish to their IM races.
- BREASTSTROKE PULLOUTS: The best breaststrokers are faster under the water than on the surface! Swimmers will polish up the components and sequence of movements that make up a fast underwater breaststroke pullout.
- IM TRANSITIONS: The back to breast transition has a couple of ways that swimmers can go about it. John and Austin will work with participants to finesse their IM transitions and explore different types of transition turn to have the tools to go from the backstroke to the breaststroke leg the fastest way possible!
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask their clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe your clinicians swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Swim cap AND a Fitter and Faster Collector’s Bag Tag for each day they are at the camp. Collect all 37 and trade with your friends!