North Potomac, MD
Past Clinic: 2020 High Performance Swim Camp Series
Sun, Jul, 05 2020 - Fri, Aug, 28 2020
Westleigh Recreation Club
14900 Dufief Mill Road, North Potomac, MD 20878
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of North Potomac, MD.
Rose Tree Woods Swim ClubInfo
Warrenton Aquatic and Recreation FacilityInfo
2020 Summer High Performance Swim Camp Series – Over seven weeks, we are offering an extensive swim camp series designed to refine and perfect a swimmer’s skills to race faster.
Each camp will be led by Elite Clinicians who swam at the Olympics, won Olympic medals, won NCAA Championships and more. Fitter and Faster clinicians are exceptional teachers with talent for explaining and demonstrating the technique required for fast racing! Scroll down for more details on the curriculum!
EACH CAMP WILL HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 24 SWIMMERS PER SESSION AND TIME STANDARDS!
- August 20-28: Speed & Power Boot Camps (4 Day Camps)
- Same time standards as IM Racing Camp Above for each group
If you are signing up for ALL CAMPS you will receive a discount. After clicking on the green register now button, select the “All Swim Camps” ticket with the participant’s best 200 IM or 100 IM time.
For details on the curriculums for each of the camps please scroll down!
Social Distancing: Fitter and Faster is following all guidelines as it relates to COVID-19 as set by the CDC, NIH and local authorities. This camp will be limited to no more than 24 swimmers total, to maintain social distance. We also ask for you to please drop your swimmers off at the sign-in table and to pick your swimmers up after the clinic. If a waitlist is established, please join it. If enough people enter the waitlist we will plan for additional sessions! THANK YOU!
All swimmers should sign up for the sessions that they qualify for. See time standard info above.
Groups A & D will be led by National Champion John Shebat & Coach Atiba Wade. Groups B & C will be led by Olympic gold medalist Clark Smith & Coach Atiba Wade
(August 20-23: Groups A & D) (August 25-28: Groups C & B) The purpose of this boot camp is to set up each stroke and get going FAST! This camp will prepare your swimmer to begin your short course yards training at a higher level than you ever have before. Each day will focus on a specific stroke: your swimmer will reinforce perfect technique with an in water session split between drill work and a swim set specifically designed to improve their skills in that particular stroke.
- Day 1: Butterfly: Your Elite Clinicians will work with the participants to improve on the complexities of balancing power and fluid rhythm in one of the most dynamic athletic movements. Participants will learn drills designed to enhance butterfly technique, and then apply those skills to a specifically designed training program. Practice balancing an efficient stroke with the speed and power required for fast butterfly racing.
- Day 2: Backstroke: Participants in this session will work on the subtle backstroke skills that will help them compete at a higher level. Participants will practice using this stroke technique in an elite training session designed to build backstroke speed in a competitive environment.
- Day 3: Breaststroke: More than any other stroke, breaststroke is the most varied. Out of the eight finalists at the Olympic Games you might see eight different styles of strokes! Without fail, your swimmer's timing and ability to eliminate resistance are both hallmarks of an efficient and powerful breaststroker. After building a solid breaststroke technique during the first half of the session, your swimmer will challenge themself to maintain that form at a higher speed!
- Day 4: Freestyle: As you know, freestyle is the stroke swam more than any other in races and practices. The first half of this session will reinforce efficient and powerful freestyle technique. During the second half of the session, participants will put those skills to the test with a training set designed to further develop your swimmer's stroke and racing skills.
At each session of this elite series, swimmers and parents are invited to ask the Elite Clinicians questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into their training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIANS
Observe the clinicians at each session swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to top speed with some of the best swimmers and coaches in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with the clinicians, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Collector’s Bag Tag for each day they are at the camp. Collect all 37 and trade with your friends!