Past Clinic: 2020 High Performance Swim Camp Series
Fri, Sep, 11 2020 - Sun, Sep, 13 2020
Lititz Recreation Center
301 West Maple Street, Lititz, PA 17543
A description of what was covered at this past clinic is below the upcoming clinics.
Upcoming Swim Clinics and Camps
Within 250 miles of Lititz, PA.
HAGERTY FAMILY EVENTS CENTER (DAVID HALLMAN III AQUATICS CENTER)Info
Haven Beach Club (Outdoor)Info
CENTRAL PARK AQUATIC CENTER/OCCOQUAN SWIM ACADEMYInfo
2 Locations (Outdoor)Info
Westleigh Recreation ClubInfo
Ethel Walker SchoolInfo
Nottingham Swim Club (Outdoor)Info
Bethel Park High SchoolInfo
Westleigh Recreation Club (Outdoor)Info
Pheasant Run Swim Club (Outdoor)Info
Hollidaysburg Area High SchoolInfo
Madison Community Pool (Outdoor)Info
Henson Family YMCAInfo
Chelsea Piers Aquatic CenterInfo
Two-Day Freestyle & Backstroke Swim Camp – Sign up for one or SAVE by signing up for both days!
Freestyle and backstroke have a lot of similarities in technique. Working on both strokes together can deepen a swimmer’s understanding of the skills necessary to race fast! There will be two sessions for each age group: the first session will focus on freestyle technique. The second session will cover backstroke.
This camp will be led by NCAA All-American Will Pisani! Will swam at the highest level and is an exceptional teacher with talent for explaining and demonstrating the technique required for fast racing! Scroll down for more information about this curriculum.
11 & Under
September 12: Check-in: 9:00 AM, Clinic: 9:15 AM-11:45 AM
September 13: Check in 12:00 PM, Clinic 12:15 PM-2:45 PM
12 & Over
September 11: Check in 4:45 PM, Clinic 5:00 PM-8:00 PM
September 12: Check in 12:15 PM, Clinic 12:30 PM-3:30 PM
Social Distancing: Fitter and Faster is following all guidelines as it relates to COVID-19 as set by the CDC, NIH and local authorities. This camp will have limits on the number of swimmers per lane to maintain social distance. We also ask for you to please drop your swimmers off at the sign-in table and to pick your swimmers up after the clinic. If a waitlist is established, please join it. If enough people enter the waitlist we will plan for additional sessions! THANK YOU!
Will will lead two sessions for both age groups. This camp is recommended for swimmers with at least one year of competitive swimming experience. Swimmers younger than 8 years old are not recommended without their coach’s approval.
SESSION 1: HIGH PERFORMANCE FREESTYLE TECHNIQUE
As you know, freestyle is the stroke swam more than any other in races and practices. Creating and cultivating good habits will not only make your swimmer faster but will also reduce the risk for injuries in the long term. NCAA All-American Will Pisani will be in the water leading participants through a progression of freestyle drills. These will allow them to deepen their understanding of each part of the stroke and help create good habits for fast and efficient freestyle technique.
- BODYLINE: Your swimmer's freestyle will never be fast without a strong bodyline. Your swimmer will reinforce good posture and engage their core to have a strong foundation for a faster freestyle.
- ROTATION: Participants will learn to utilize their rotation to form more connection and power out of every pull and kick.
- KICK: Your swimmer will become a stronger and faster kicker through learning about both the technique and timing of each kick.
- PULL: The best swimmers in the world utilize an early vertical forearm to put immediate pressure back on the water. Will will also teach swimmers how to get maximum extension and a powerful finish to the stroke! Learn new drills and exercises to get more power from every stroke.
- BREATH: All swimmers know to keep one goggle in and one goggle out of the water when they take a breath, but the length and timing are also important! Will will show your swimmer how to make each breath more efficient for faster freestyle racing no matter what distance.
SESSION 2: HIGH PERFORMANCE BACKSTROKE TECHNIQUE
Your swimmer understands the core components of backstroke, now begin to master the subtle skills that will help your swimmer compete at a higher level. Participants will practice using their core to create rotation and a balanced stroke, build a powerful pull with a strategic use of stroke rate, and use their kick as a dominant propulsive force.
- BODY POSITION: Participants will work with Will Pisani to feel and understand how to maintain a neutral spine and head position for less drag and better full body connection in backstroke.
- ROTATION: The fastest backstrokers in the world use a powerful body rotation to create more power and increase their tempo. Your swimmer will learn how much to rotate, when to rotate, and how to use it for maximum speed and power.
- KICK: Have you ever noticed how many swimmers’ knees break the surface when they kick in backstroke? This means that the swimmer is kicking with their knees which is less efficient than kicking from their hip. Maintaining maximum propulsion and proper kicking technique will greatly improve your swimmer’s backstroke.
- PULL: It is very important for swimmers to bend their elbow very early in the pull so that they can get an early catch for an immediate and powerful press back into the water.
Swimmers and parents are invited to ask Will questions during a Q&A session. Gain insight into his training regimen, diet and nutrition, and recovery tactics.
WATCH THE CLINICIAN
Observe Will swim at full speed and demonstrate a progression of perfectly executed drills to achieve powerful, efficient and fast swimming.
PUT YOUR SKILLS TO THE TEST
Swimmers will get to practice what they've learned by taking their stroke to your top speed with one of the best swimmers in the world! They'll work on holding onto their form while challenging themselves.
Take a photo with Will, get autographs, and ALL PARTICIPANTS receive a FREE Fitter and Faster Collector’s Bag Tag for each day they are at the camp. Collect all 37 and trade with your friends!